cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backstage Area for Zoom Webinar

RK-SL
Listener

If it's possible...How can i create a backstage area for Zoom webinar

An area in which only the moderators and the host can stay and talk without the attendees being able to hear the conversations. Nevertheless, the current video of the speaker who is currently giving his presentation to the audience should be visible and audible in this area.

14 REPLIES 14

TomO
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

This is a new feature that's scheduled to come out in the next release. It does require a Zoom Events license but can be used in webinars. More info here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4745226175117-Zoom-Meetings-Webinars-March-5-10-0-Preview-... (requires admin or owner role to access)

I hope that helps!

Bort

This feature exactly is being released with version 5.10.0! It still won't be available for at least a week or so, but that gives you time to ensure all the panelists are on the latest version. 

More info about this can be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4710061514381-Using-Webinar-Backstage

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer

as written above.  backend support is expected to be released 9 april, so still not available.

AnnikaZoom
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi there, this functionality is just now released!
With a Zoom Events license you can schedule a webinar either as part of a Zoom Event, or a regular Webinar via web portal, and enable backstage.
https://blog.zoom.us/host-engaging-virtual-events-webinars

Does Events comes with backstage feature or do I need a license for both Events and Webinars?

DeniseLahat

Backstage is included in Zoom Events and Webinars

So I only need to buy Zoom Events and not Webinars? It is for a focus group, we need clients to watch from the backstage area and not be seen by the participants in the zoom meeting. Also, is the backstage being recorded separately from the zoom meeting? Is that an option? Thanks

DeniseLahat

you want the clients to see eachother and be able to talk in the backstage?  No backstage is not recorded.  how many people are in the focus group?

Yes, i  think if you buy a Zoom Events license then webinar is included.

I cannot find any documentation on what attendees see in Zoom events while moderator/panelists are backstage - does anyone know? I have read we cannot share screen to them.

DeniseLahat

Backstage is a feature of Webinar where the host and panalist can be in a seperate "zoom" where they can see and hear what is going on in the Webinar.  The attendees only see the main Webinar.  Panalists can share their screen backstage to prepare, but this does not impact anything in the main webinar.  

But what do the ATTENDEES see while you're backstage - are they in the session or just in the lobby w/ Events?

AnnikaZoom
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

@paulkuhne If no one from the host, co-host or panelist group is in the main webinar (all are backstage) when the webinar is open for attendees, there will be a message on the screen that says "The host will be right back". This is the same message you have today, in a webinar without backstage, if the host for some reason drops off without ending the webinar for attendees. 

Best practice is to have a dedicated computer remain in the webinar to share some pre-show/intermission slides/music to provide a waiting experience that is tailored to the content you are presenting in the session. 

jha9000
Listener

I talked to sales just now and they say that Zoom Sessions will do what I want and backstage cannot be recorded. There are 4 people in the focus group and 5-10 people in the backstage listening/watching. Yes, the people in the backstage need to chat/talk/see each other but not in the meeting.

Frank_TB

Hello,

Here is a Zoom support site that details how to use Webinar Backstage;

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4710061514381-Using-Webinar-Backstage 

Webinar Backstage provides another area that runs before, during, and after a webinar for webinar host, co-hosts, and panelists to be when not actively presenting in the webinar. Panelists can enter this backstage or “green room” before the webinar begins and even multiple times during a webinar.

Panelists in the backstage can also still view and hear the live session, allowing them to follow the presentation and know when it's their cue to rejoin. This can also be useful for webinar moderators or production assistants, who would prefer to remain off screen, but still need panelists’ access to chat, polling, and Q&A features.

At the end of the Webinar, the host can also end the webinar for all attendees, while keeping all panelists for a debrief or post-production discussion.

This is similar to the Webinar Practice Session, which is only available as a staging area before the webinar is started live and cannot be returned to after beginning the webinar.

Limitations for Webinar Backstage
While in the backstage area, hosts and panelists can access webinar chat (backstage only), view and answer Q&A from the live session, Share Screen (only visible to those in backstage), and Marketplace Apps.
Hosts and co-hosts can move panelists in and out of the backstage area, regardless of which area they are currently in.
Starting a recording, chatting with attendees, and spotlighting a panelist in the live webinar area cannot be done from the backstage area. The host, co-host, or panelists must be in the live webinar area to access these options.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!