cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What date of end service "K-12 Lifting Time Limit" and Applied it to Japanese University ?

anya-tokugawa
Listener

Hi, I'm Master Student at Japan.
I have a question provided K-12 Lifting Time Limit .

1. I using *.ac.jp (Japanese Academic Domain) Mail Address, I could be done lifting limit. Does this correspond to the above it?

2. I confirmed it will ends of above service at 6/12. Does this also apply to * .ac.jp?

/** I am using Zoom for teaching assitant, will this affect this? */

I contacted the university, but the university didn't have any information about the above.

/** University faculty appear to have paid accounts. */

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anya-tokugawa
Listener

Thank you for checking my post.

Today, I checked following message on my zoom account page.

Limited-Time Offer:
 Starting on July 15, 2022, your 1:1 Free Meetings will have a 40-minute time limit. Upgrade before July 31st and save 40% off your first year of Pro Annual + 1 Year of Unlimited Whiteboard. Terms Apply.

and, I will close this topic.
thank you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Freddi_G
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello there, 40 minute lift for K-12 ends on 6/30. You will need to be assigned a license to avoid the 40 minute limit moving forward.

@anya-tokugawa wrote:

Hi, I'm Master Student at Japan.
I have a question provided K-12 Lifting Time Limit .

1. I using *.ac.jp (Japanese Academic Domain) Mail Address, I could be done lifting limit. Does this correspond to the above it? 

2. I confirmed it will ends of above service at 6/12. Does this also apply to * .ac.jp? 

/** I am using Zoom for teaching assitant, will this affect this? */ 

I contacted the university, but the university didn't have any information about the above.

/** University faculty appear to have paid accounts. */

thank you.

Thank you fo replying, Freddi_G.

I don't know "K-12" in detail and I thought that K-12  is not within the scope of the university. In other words, I thought the target was the 12 years from elementary through high school.

I understood your answer, I correct in understanding that universities was also covered by this K-12 Time Limit Lifting?

Hi Dr

Freddi_G

I am sorry I misunderstood you. This time limit lift was for K-12 only and does NOT apply to Higher Education.

I understand.

I continue to wait replying about limitations targeted at university.

Thank you for discussing, Freddi_G.

“K-12” refers to primary and secondary school, with students from about 5 years old to about 17 years old. 

“Higher Education” is colleges and universities, like where I work, at the University of California, Berkeley. 

Zoom has not lifted the connection time limits for higher education customers at any point during the pandemic. However there has been a recent change which affects all “Basic” (not-licensed) accounts. See https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5809097508109-May-2-2022-Free-account-meeting-duration-cha... for the details of that change. 

Hope that helps,

Ian

anya-tokugawa
Listener

Thank you for checking my post.

Today, I checked following message on my zoom account page.

Limited-Time Offer:
 Starting on July 15, 2022, your 1:1 Free Meetings will have a 40-minute time limit. Upgrade before July 31st and save 40% off your first year of Pro Annual + 1 Year of Unlimited Whiteboard. Terms Apply.

and, I will close this topic.
thank you.