cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid - In person and Zoom - Meeting Tips

TSSomeone
Listener

Hi all,

We have all gotten quite skilled with fully remote meetings using Zoom. Now we are starting to explore hybrid meetings - some people in person and some people on Zoom. Our meetings are a bit more complex - language interpreters, American Sign Language interpreters, Captioner, a power point presentation in person, presentation to in person attendees,  etc. 

Do you have any tips and helpful information for us?

Our account is for Zoom meetings only, not webinars.

Thanks 

TS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer

your main issue is going to be audio management.  What kind of sound system is in the meeting room? Speakers?  mics? How are they connected to zoom?  Are people in the room going to log into the zoom as well to listen to audio translation channels?  For video, is there one person on a stage?  or a panel? Are there any videos being played out where the audio needs to be heard in the room and in Zoom. What camera are you using?  If you have budget you could consider getting a AV professional in hybrid events to set it up for you or consult one-time to ensure you have all your scenarios covered.  You could check in FB groups such as Zoom Test Kitchen  and you are invited to join my group as well https://www.facebook.com/groups/zoomeventpros

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DeniseLahat

your main issue is going to be audio management.  What kind of sound system is in the meeting room? Speakers?  mics? How are they connected to zoom?  Are people in the room going to log into the zoom as well to listen to audio translation channels?  For video, is there one person on a stage?  or a panel? Are there any videos being played out where the audio needs to be heard in the room and in Zoom. What camera are you using?  If you have budget you could consider getting a AV professional in hybrid events to set it up for you or consult one-time to ensure you have all your scenarios covered.  You could check in FB groups such as Zoom Test Kitchen  and you are invited to join my group as well https://www.facebook.com/groups/zoomeventpros

TSSomeone
Listener

Thank you for bringing these issues up. Audio is definitely something I am aware of. Our interpreters are not language interpreters similar to simultaneous  language interpreters. I will explore this further and check out the Facebook groups you have mentioned.

TSSomeone