cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The installer says "Please contact your IT team to update your app"

MarkWaser
Listener

I am the "IT team".  How do I get around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes.  I just removed the program via the Control Panel and then it installed just fine.

Why they couldn't just put that in their directions . . . .   

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

mycroft
Listener

Did you ever find a way around? If so can you please share. I along with many others it appears, are very frustrated.

TIA

Yes.  I just removed the program via the Control Panel and then it installed just fine.

Why they couldn't just put that in their directions . . . .   

As I was uninstalling my Zoom app in Control Panel, an unexpected error occurred. The error code was 2503. 

TonyO
Listener

In our office, those who have admin rights on their computers keep reverting back to an old version of zoom after a reboot and return to the "Your app version needs to be 5.10.3 or higher to sign in. Please contact your IT team to update your app." error message. Those tho don't have admin seem to be ok. 

Wondering if your users have admin or no. Thanks Mark,

Tony

I am getting the same error as BeccaR16, and I am a single zoom user, and listed as owner, not admin. I The problem is related to the Zoom Outlook plug in I believe, because I can sign in  to zoom and schedule a meeting, however I can no longer add or cancel a meeting via outlook. I keep getting the same message when I try. I believe the solution is to change my 'owner' status to 'admin' so I have access to this, however I can't yet find a way how to do this successfully. Appreciate zoom support help here. 

BeccaR16
Listener

I am getting the same error message "Your app version needs to be 5.11.4 or higher to sign in. Please contact your IT team to update your app." The problem is, this my personal Zoom account, not tied to a company. Any ideas how to proceed? Every time I think I'm updating the latest version of the Zoom app (for Windows), I get the same error message.

I am on Windows 11 and scheduling zoom meetings via Outlook, and all was working fine until yesterday. I can't schedule or change a zoom meeting without getting the message that my app needs to be 5.11.4 or higher.. When I sign into my Zoom Pro account, and follow directions to 'update zoom version' I find no such option under my Profile. I can't call zoom support because I have the Pro account and it is not recognizing my PMI or Acct # on its auto response.  Does anyone have a solution to this?  Would so appreciate! 

I have the same problem. Has anyone found a solution? 

MicheleCoach
Listener

I contacted zoom support via email, and they provided instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom and Zoom Outlook Plug in to get the most updated version. It instructed me to first remove the program from the control panel.  

I would die happy if I could uninstall Zoom!

Hitamara23
Listener

Naim11
Listener

How do i get aroud the IT team