cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakout room "leave" option as a host

lochoa
Listener

I used Zoom last year and was able to leave a breakout room to return to the main room, but this year, that option does not appear on my screen. How do I have that option show on my screen when I utilize the breakout rooms? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @lochoa ,

If you are trying to move between breakout rooms, you would certainly use the Breakout Room window. But if you are trying to leave a breakout room and return to the main session, go to the bottom-right corner of the meeting window and click Leave Room. This will return you to the main session. 

Bort_0-1629390695709.png

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

Hi @lochoa 

Can you provide a screenshot of what options you do have when you are in a breakout room as the host? As the host, you should be able to move freely in and out of breakout rooms. 

When I am the host, my group is listed as "Unassigned." I am able to visit the other breakout room, but do not see an option to return to the "Unassigned" one where I originated. I have to close all the rooms to return. 

Bort

Hi @lochoa ,

If you are trying to move between breakout rooms, you would certainly use the Breakout Room window. But if you are trying to leave a breakout room and return to the main session, go to the bottom-right corner of the meeting window and click Leave Room. This will return you to the main session. 

Bort_0-1629390695709.png

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.