cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating account

OscarVDA
Listener

I have the same issue as another person from yesterday.  I attempted to start a meeting this morning, and was told I needed my IT person to update my account. I paid an annual subscription in March, so payment shouldn't be the issue. I tried to follow the chat instructions to update. However, I was told to click on my profile picture, and a pop up list would appear, one item of which is updating. That pop up list does not appear.

5 REPLIES 5

pdowney
Listener

I am having the same issue. Not finding any answers or workarounds.  I will keep looking but will watch this thread with interest!!

OscarVDA
Listener

Hello.

I am still waiting for a step by step solution to update my app.

I can schedule a meeting, but not launch it because my app is not up to date and the "solutions" I have found are convoluted and don't work.

Any solutions ?????????

pdowney
Listener

pdowney

8:39 AM (54 minutes ago)

to Zoom

I found a thread that provided information to correct.  It seems the only option to fix is to delete and then reinstall the program from scratch.  https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati...  gives the steps including a ling to a Registry cleaner tool.   (I had to break the hyper link for zoom to let me paste it even though it is from their site!!)

It worked for me...99%.  When  I reloaded and went in, it had all my account info and such however, it dumped all my virtual backgrounds. A little bit of a pain to reload them but doing so as I need them.

Hope   this helps. 

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

You can join a Zoom meeting a few ways;

1. By using a web browser to join.
  2. By installing and and joining from the desktop application.
  3. By installing the Zoom app on a mobile device 

If you log into the Zoom website  you will see your profile picture, but you won't see a way to update the desktop client using this approach as the browser is not the desktop application.

If you log into the desktop application it also has a profile picture and you can use that section to ask the desktop client to update unless the desktop client is to out of date.

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 10.58.56 AM.png

If your desktop client is too old to update, then delete the desktop application, reboot your computer and download and install the latest zoom desktop application for your computer.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

OscarVDA
Listener

My problem was that I could not host a meeting because my app was out of date.

So, I simply uninstalled the app and installed a new one and my problem vanished.  I don't think the old one could be updated.