cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

personal meeting ID and URL for Zoom webinar

shiraki
Listener

I want to know how to protect a personal ID and URL created for zoom webinar. They can be shared others even though the message says "this URL is only yours. Can't be shared others.". I registered myself and got a personal URL by email, then sent it to my friend just to see if it works, and he could access to a webinar from the link. 

It means anyone can go to a webinar if someone spread own URL.  

Because you want to calculate the audiences in the end, dont you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

If you need absolute control of attendance, I’d recommend adding the requirement for authentication. This would require the user to be logged in to the account associated with the registration email for both panelists and attendees:

Ray_Harwood_0-1667961301385.jpeg

Admonishing registrants to not share their Join links helps, especially if you say “If you share your Join link, your registration will be cancelled without refund”, and add it to the Terms and Conditions for ask attendees. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

If you need absolute control of attendance, I’d recommend adding the requirement for authentication. This would require the user to be logged in to the account associated with the registration email for both panelists and attendees:

Ray_Harwood_0-1667961301385.jpeg

Admonishing registrants to not share their Join links helps, especially if you say “If you share your Join link, your registration will be cancelled without refund”, and add it to the Terms and Conditions for ask attendees. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

shiraki
Listener

Thank you for your reply.

So if I do these things, the security must be enough.

1. Adding the requirement for authentication for panelists and attendees

2. Adding this extra message  “If you share your Join link, your registration will be cancelled without refund” on a regular email message

thank you so much, idd try.