cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked out for 30 minutes

prayjoliet
Listener

another team member locked us out for 30 minutes.

We have a meeting in 11 minutes.  I am the admin.

How do I "UN-lock" our account.

TIA!!!!

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @prayjoliet welcome to the community! Apologies on the delay in responding to your discussion; as its been a bit, are you still facing issues with your "lock out of 30 minutes"? 

When multiple sign-in to your Zoom account has failed because of incorrect credentials, your Zoom account will be blocked or locked out. When you sign in, you will receive a message that says Your account <your email address> is blocked for 30 minutes due to reaching the maximum 5 failed login attempts.
You can wait for 30 minutes before attempting to sign in again or contact Zoom Support to unblock your account immediately.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

ElmCity
Listener

Contact Zoom Support? (1) If I'm locked out, I can't log in to my account to get support!  (2) I don't see any way to get immediate help in a crisis like this. The support link given doesn't look helpful. Where is a support phone number? Which category of support should I seek anyway?

I know you're trying to make high security, but it sure could be more user friendly.

• at very least, give the user a warning that the next failure will result in a 30 minute delay. Then if a meeting is in danger of being trashed, at least the host can know to be extra careful.
  • even better, give two warnings. You're welcome to lock out for 1 or 2 minutes (time enough for the frazzled host to call a colleague) before going full nuclear with the 30 minute delay.

The problem is, of course, that the 30 minute delay will CAUSE THE ENTIRE MEETING TO BE TRASHED, especially if the host has to join first, there is a waiting room, etc. etc. and this is the sort of experience that can make people hate Zoom.

In my case, my wife runs an evening support group for families with mentally-ill members. She is not the account administrator, and it was the administrator who changed the password recently. So there she is, just as the meeting is supposed to start, trying desperately to log in to start the meeting. She gets locked out, and it's in the evening--the admin is not at work--and anxious parents are waiting in the waiting room, hoping to get to the support group. What to do? Fortunately my wife raised the admin by email, and the meeting got started only (!) 20 minutes late...

Please guys, please fix this.