cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Pro Owner has Retired

jmeek
Listener

The superintendent of our school retired and the Pro account was associated with his log in.  I need to change this account to our new account, but I don't have access to the old superintendents account.  Who do I need to talk to make this happen.  

7 REPLIES 7

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jmeek and welcome to the Zoom Community! To change the account owner for Pro accounts when the original account owner is no longer available, please login to the Zoom Web Portal, navigate to Account Management > Account Profile and select "Request Account Ownership." There is a 7 day waiting period for verification purposes before ownership is transfered. Full details are available in our support article.

I hope this helps!

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

So I log into my account and request access to be the owner of the account?  Am I understanding correctly?  

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @jmeek.

Yes, do this from your account. See the support article Virginia linked to; the only caveat is that you must be an Admin on the account. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

When I go to Account Management, and then Account Profile, I do not find a Request Account Ownership Change. I've written to support 6 times and all they send back is the same instructions. Any suggestions?  Thanks, Steve 

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @kulalanisteve.

What type of account do you have? How many user accounts are in it?

Have you thoroughly read through this Zoom Support article? Most of the answers you seek should be in there:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064127#h_0981c289-f649-491e-a0da-...

in a few days you’ll be able to Private Message. Send me your email in a PM and I’ll help you directly. 

dcnamigolden
Listener

Where is the Zoom Web Portal?  It is really difficult to use this product for the occasional user. We're a small nonprofit trying to make our services available via Zoom but it's crazy trying to do the simplest thing. We run on volunteers so people (account owner and admins) are coming and going all the time. If you could at least provide a link to ANY destination you mention (Portal, etc) that would be very helpful. Thank you!

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @dcnamigolden.

Zoom’s terminology can be “weird”, even for some of us seasoned users!

The “Web Portal” is the main Zoom login URL at https://Zoom.us. Give that a try and let me know what sort of additional help you might need.