cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have a bug in License Management

nathanyautikho
Explorer
Explorer

Under the new policy, we have limitation to assign the pro license to another user in the organization.

However once we changed to unassign, the pro license is idle and cannot assign back to any one else.

At least the license should be available to the owner right? Please fix the bug.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @nathanyautikho,

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

This is to acknowledge that our support team has reassigned the license to your account as per the ticket you have submitted.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

CarlaA

Hi @nathanyautikho, thank you for posting for the first time, and welcome to the Zoom Community!

Are you receiving any error messages when trying to reassign the license, such as 'You have exceeded the limit of license assignments for your account'?

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

nathanyautikho
Explorer
Explorer

Yes.

And there is 1 pro license available and idle, which cannot be assigned to and used by any user.

nathanyautikho
Explorer
Explorer

It is really a bad experience as we paid the license and NO ONE can use the license and let it idle for 19 hours already.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

The message - "You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your account. Buy more licenses to increase the limit."  means that you have transferred licences too many times.

There is a monthly limit to how many times you can transfer licenses to other users. This will reset after a time, I think  it's  a month cooling period. The other way to fix this immediately is to buy more licences.

Zoom wont say ths, but I think it was put in place to prevent Zoom account admins from trying to share licences instead of buying the correct amount of licences for your user amount.   (example 4 licences - 20 users sharing 4 licences)

Sharing licences is against the Terms of Service you agreed to when you signed up for your account.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

nathanyautikho
Explorer
Explorer

The important problem is, if you do not allow further license assignment, then you should NOT allow the user to drop the license to prepare for the transfer.

The the problem is, owner dropped the license, and it cannot be assign to another else, even assign back to the owner. 

In this case the license is available and idle.

Frank_TB

As I said there is a cooling off period. You will eventually be able to transfer it again once that period is over.

Regards

Its like Zoom charged customer for the pro license, but it does not provide service for the paid customer because it does not allow any user to use the unassigned license.

So Zoom charged customer for nothing now.

nathanyautikho
Explorer
Explorer

I said even cannot assign to other user, at least I should be able to assign the license back to myself as a owner. 

Do you think it makes sense that durimg the cooling period, which last for a month, the license now is idle and no one can use it, which we paid for it?

nathanyautikho
Explorer
Explorer

The worse thing is, I raised a support ticket but was ranked as low priority.

Customer paid but cannot use the license have been ranked as low priority, totally unacceptable.

MGSR

Hello @nathanyautikho,

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

This is to acknowledge that our support team has reassigned the license to your account as per the ticket you have submitted.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark
Zoom Community Team