cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have to update my credit card in December 2023 when my renewal is August 2024?

Barb11
Listener

I paid for a full year in August 2023 (one user account).  I now have 90 days to update my card.  Why?  I've had my personal info stolen (not via Zoom) and so am a bit paranoid, but the best protection is updating information in the month before renewal.  What am I missing?

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Barb11.

Most companies that have features which are not annual charges will likely ask you to Leo your card info updated. If, for example, you went over your Cloud Recording space limit, you wouldn’t want your recording ability frozen just because your card info was out of date. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Barb11
Listener

Hi @Ray_Harwood, I understand why companies do this and the potential risk I run, and I don't mind a reminder every time I sign in, but messages say that for me to update (re-enter) card details or I "will lose access to [my] paid features in the future."  This is probably "correct" in the sense of if I don't update the card before the renewal date (August), then I'd lose access.  Chat function today during working hours seemed just to be AI and so didn't get an answer that way.  I'll try calling tomorrow to get confirmation but it would be nice for Zoom to reword the reminder.  Thanks for trying to help.