cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What data is included in "Optional Usage & Diagnostic Data"

cakoose
Listener

I just got an email from Zoom:

Zoom will be adding a new setting within the Admin Portal to give you more control over the types of telemetry data Zoom collects to improve our products and services. Starting August 19, 2023, admins and owners can visit the Zoom web portal under Advanced > Privacy to see two new toggles: “Required Service & Diagnostic Data” and “Optional Usage & Diagnostic Data”. Both settings are available at the Account and User Level.

What is included in "Required Service & Diagnostic Data" or "Optional Usage & Diagnostic Data"? The email doesn't explain.

6 REPLIES 6

De_Selectron
Listener

We were just talking about needing to get a more specific information than "collects performance and usage data to provide and improve the performance of Zoom services."
I'm curious to see if someone provides an official answer.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone!

Zoom’s Privacy Team is responsible for the management and development of Zoom's external and internal privacy programs, ensuring compliance with US and international privacy regulations, and evaluating the privacy practices of our suppliers. If you would like more information on this, please contact privacy@zoom.us.

Thank you! 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

That makes sense, but it is now 8/21 and these settings are not visible on my account. Am I missing something? Does this only apply to certain accounts?

fstone
Listener

Hi,

has this privacy setting been sacrificed in the new Terms of Service, valid since August 11th?

---

10.5 Service Generated Data. Telemetry data, product usage data, diagnostic data, and similar data that Zoom collects or generates in connection with your or your End Users’ use of the Services or Software are referred to as Service Generated Data. Zoom owns all rights, title, and interest in and to Service Generated Data.

Regards,

fstone

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! Unfortunately, I am unable to provide more detailed information on privacy as I am more specialized in technical support. However, please feel free to contact privacy@zoom.us. they will be happy to assist and answer your concerns. 

Thank you! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

crissyd
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi everyone!

Thank you for sending in your questions.

Based on the feedback we received from customers since announcing these new Privacy and Data management settings, we have decided to delay the launch of these new settings at this time. We plan to introduce these settings in the future, and will share additional information when we get closer to implementation.