cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, anyone knows where to go to turn on/off the account annual renew subscription

sky12
Listener

9 REPLIES 9

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@sky12 

You are able cancel your subscription(s) at any time before the next billing cycle. If you do not cancel your subscription, it will continue to automatically renew.

Please see our KB article outlining how to cancel your subscription here >> Canceling your subscription 

Cheers!

AlexKava
Listener

The point raised by the original comment was about auto renewal. Many people including me believe this is an inappropriate business practice which targets individuals that may forget to decline. To be honest, it's a greasy move and no one likes it. It is distinct from wishing your account to be cancelled at the current time. Please respond whether the auto-renewal policy can be discontinued. 

Zoom stated that it was easy to turn off the auto-renewal when I signed up. It is not. I can't find it anywhere in billing. I have a ticket in. This lack of transparency is deceitful and a REALLY POOR BUSINESS PRACTICE.

I hope, by now, the matter is solved. If not, please read my response to AlexKava. I still have to pay for a 1-year subscription I didn't want, but the customer service person was pleasant and professional, and this experience has taught me to read my email with much greater frequency.

Hope you got it solved. I called and waited on the phone for about 15 minutes. A very nice person canceled my auto-newal and sent a detailed confirmation email. She first asked to walk me through it, but I said for her to do it instead of me. That required a five-minute wait, but it got done. Zoom's greed is going to make folks curious about what else is out there. My husband uses Dialpad. 

CMLaspa
Listener

I absolutely agree with AlexKava above. The question is about turning OFF auto-renew, not about cancelling a subscription. In order for Zoom to maintain transparency, it would be in their better interest to reply. Being able to turn auto-renew on or off is a common function with online services, hence why it is considered peculiar that this function is not found. Zoom needs to recognize that and remedy it.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @sky12 I would suggest Viewing your account and subscription details within the Zoom web portal as can view your account details to ensure you are assigned the appropriate licenses. 

You can follow the article to understand your account type, the date your subscription started, your subscription period and status, and others.

As the Zoom Billing team does not monitor the community, for further assistance, please reach out by creating a ticket here. Thanks! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Bianca2
Listener

I came here with the same question because they just charged my card. The chatbot is not helpful at all.

murat2
Listener

and they don't answer with a ticket "Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to your open ticket at this time."