cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipay class action suit

soozqfive13
Listener

Hello zoomers, i got an email from equipay stating that I would get a refund of $53 and change due to a class action privacy suit.

did anyone else get that?

here is the suspicious part.

"As Administrator for the matter, we’re sending you this courtesy email to inform you that on May 31, 2023, you will receive a payment notification email that contains a link to claim your payment electronically. Once you receive that email, you will have until September 28, 2023, to claim your payment."

a link for a payment????

anyone else get this?? please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@kebrayd Any inquiries related to the Class Action Lawsuit can be addressed by the FAQ at www.ZoomMeetingsClassAction.com
Specifically, please check the digital and check payment sections of the Frequently Asked Questions.
I hope this helps!

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58

mdbca
Listener

I received my $50 payment via Venmo today. Checked several sources first (also thinking scam). Only info I needed for Venmo payment was phone number associated with the account. Completed form on 5/31, received notice yesterday (6/1) that it was processing and today (6/2) received money in Venmo account. 

soozqfive13
Listener

its legit, got payment to paypal today

Jvg87519
Listener

Well I thought it was legit.  I submitted my PayPal  information.  And receive  email that it was paid to my PayPal.   But nothing is there. 

It just posted to my PayPal a few minutes ago. Its totally legit. 

Same thing here, even recieved email from PayPal saying money is there and it is not.  Let me know if you figure something out and I’ll do the same.

Special_K
Listener

I received mine in my PayPal account today! I'm very happy that this was legit! 

MrsCade2648
Listener

Yes! I was skeptical but I remember hearing something about it so I figured it was legit. I did put in my account & routing numbers & I received the $32.32 they said I’d get today. Equipay is legit, I looked it up online as well. 

HJBryan
Listener

I received notification that I had been paid via an Amazon gift card, but I have NOT received the card, and I cannot figure out how to contact anyone. Extremely disappointing and annoying.

Cyleigh
Listener

Yes, I got the same message but for 32.00.  I can not find anyone who can tell me if this is a scam of not. Anyone have any update on this?

Yes, it’s real. I received the $32. 

soozqfive13
Listener

It is NOT a Scam. Check solution from the zoom moderator at top of thread

TDB-27
Listener

Aber bis jetzt nur schreiben usw sonst nnicht. ich hab auch bezahlte bannk daten geschict.............. nur immer nur schreibt stück anwort. aber mein geld noch nicht zürück geschickt!!!!!!!

TDB-27
Listener

Doppelte Zahlung wird von Zoom zurückerstattet. Danke

JoAnn65
Listener

I just received one saying I had $ 50.  I did sign up, but $50 isn’t worth the risk. I did look up the company and they seem to be legit, but…

Signature
Listener

I received it as well most recently and then again today.  Same language you share.  I just looked up the case and there is in fact one that has been settled, but I cannot connect the two.  Have you heard any further?

Loww88
Listener

I was suspicious at first too but I used my Venmo account and gave my phone number to verify. It said the money would be in my account in 2-3 days. We’ll see. I think it’s legit. The link below that the moderator provided is helpful. 

Some1special76
Listener

Hello I participated in a class action lawsuit and equipay was the company used to process my payment and I received it within a few days and haven’t had any problems with my bank account afterwards if you didn’t file the claim but was affected by the actions in the claim sometimes they automatically include the people affected but I can say the link was real

soozqfive13
Listener

can we put this to bed now. we all know that its is a real email, and have received our payments. no more discussion is needed. thank you all for responding.

Evtechie
Listener

Actually, I got a check in the mail, because I never got an email that offered me an option for Venmo or PayPal. So the check came in the mail and I deposited it. Check turned around and got rejected by the bank, not bounced, rejected. Because of that I got charged $10. Settlement after weeks of emails from a donotreply sender told me I had to send them the check so they could re-distribute the check to me. It has been three months I still have not gotten the check, charged $10, paid for certified mail to prove that I sent the check, Paid for certified mail to communicate with them, and I am now out $70!  So it isn’t just a matter of this being real or not- the settlement company has a very sketchy practice to completely ignore the requests.