cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change user type

Hidesuke
Listener

I have one "Zoom One Pro" subscription. And managing three users including myself.

When I'm changing one user from Basic to Licensed, I fail to change. Before this attempt, all three users are Basic.

Zoom says "You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your account. Buy more licenses to increase the limit."

Currently, no users can be activated. So I cannot host a professional meeting that exceeds 40 minutes.

I'm happy if zoom gurus give suggestions!

Hidesuke_0-1683251649813.png

Hidesuke_1-1683251874984.png

Zoom client version: 5.13.11 (13434) Windows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Hidesuke 

Have you been moving Licenses back and forth between users?  I believe the error message you got relates to exceeding the maximum number of times a License can be moved in a certain period of time.  Zoom does allow you to move Licenses, but there are precautions in place to prevent many/multiple moves in a short amount of time.  This is to prevent accounts from not buying licenses for staff that regularly use Zoom, instead playing "musical chairs" by moving the licenses around frequently.

This restriction is not well documented, but based on anecdotal details, this is what I think is happening to you.

Apparently, buying just one more license will "free up" the lock on the other license movements, under the assumption that you might be avoiding the extra license.  Again, just my impression from the information I've been seeing on the Zoom Community lately.

If you do buy one more license, I'd appreciate your input on what happens to the other licenses, so I'll have a better idea how to guide others.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Hidesuke 

Have you been moving Licenses back and forth between users?  I believe the error message you got relates to exceeding the maximum number of times a License can be moved in a certain period of time.  Zoom does allow you to move Licenses, but there are precautions in place to prevent many/multiple moves in a short amount of time.  This is to prevent accounts from not buying licenses for staff that regularly use Zoom, instead playing "musical chairs" by moving the licenses around frequently.

This restriction is not well documented, but based on anecdotal details, this is what I think is happening to you.

Apparently, buying just one more license will "free up" the lock on the other license movements, under the assumption that you might be avoiding the extra license.  Again, just my impression from the information I've been seeing on the Zoom Community lately.

If you do buy one more license, I'd appreciate your input on what happens to the other licenses, so I'll have a better idea how to guide others.

Hi Ray,

Thank you for informing me about the license movable count.

As a result, I purchased an additional Pro license, and now the user type movement is enabled.

To get your impression, I searched again in the forum topics and found similar posts. These messages seem to have started to be posted around April. I haven't changed the frequency of user-type movement since 2020, so I suppose the criteria must have changed.

Thank you for your help and support.

Ray_Harwood

@Hidesuke, thank you so much for your response!  Straightforward feedback like this helps us a lot. 

eomfobi
Listener

Tried buying another license and it didn't work. Major fail from Zoom- guess everyone else will be moving elsewhere like we plan to.

Zomm
Listener

We also did this, unaware that it contravened Zoom's rules.  We removed all user accounts so that our account number matches our license, and our pro licenses and webinar license are still locked.  I contacted support and they were unable to remove the lock or even say when it would be lifted.  Unfortunately we'll be moving to another service because of Zoom's approach.

I think moving to another service could be one of the options. I'm happy to know that you're thinking so. I don't know when I'll choose the next service, but this change may affect much.

Thank you for sharing your situation!