cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Do Zoom Update Says Needs IT Admin

nonaifan
Listener

I am the single owner of my account. I want to update the Zoom app on my MacBook air which is also mine.  Message ells me can't update because I need approval of IT admin.  I have looked in billing, user management, and everywhere I know and can't find how to I can become the IT admin!  

NEWS FLASH: My PAID plan is no longer eligible for live support!  Nice job zoom on letting us know as well as have unacceptable wait times for SALES!

11 REPLIES 11

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

Can you please try uninstalling and reinstalling your Zoom App. Instructions are here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati...

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Tried this numerous times and always see, when attempting uninstall: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." 

So: Zoom uninstall fails. Install fails. Zoom fails.

Particularly grating is "contact your IT Admin". over and over and over as I fight Zoom

Again, with ZERO support, at least Google Meet works.

stu703
Listener

Will this cause any problems or loss with my (paid) Zoom account?

I'm having the same problem.  Your solution seems worth trying, but I don't want to lose templates, one permanent meeting password, for example. Thanks for the help.

sachinzoom

Hi,

You are only uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom App. That will not have any impacts on meeting features and settings like password. You may not need the "Clean Zoom" step if uninstall and reinstall helps fix your issues.

Hope that helps

stu703
Listener

It seems to have worked easily.  Thanks for the speedy and helpful response.

I don't really understand the difference between 'desktop client' and 'app' .

I've used Zoom for years by going to the Zoom website and logging in.  Just now, the only downloading option that seemed to fit  was 'desktop client'.  After installing, I found Zoom under the 'Start' list and managed to pin to my Taskbar and successfully open Zoom.  Looks different, but seems to work. Is this the better way to get into Zoom?  

Kudos for your product - has worked well for me and some friends from before the pandemic.

sachinzoom

Hello,

I am glad the instructions worked. Yes, it's the best way to use Zoom and you can also install the app on the mobile device if you use it. Desktop client and App are used interchangeably. 

Thank you for the kind words for Zoom. We aim to always deliver happiness. 

Have a great day

If this response helped, please accept my answer above as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Is 'thumbs up' an acceptance, or how do I accept?

sachinzoom

Hello, 

To mark a reply as a solution 👇

• Navigate to the appropriate discussion post
  • Scroll to the reply or replies you thought were most helpful
  • Select Accept as Solution

sachinzoom_0-1675894784149.png

Thank you again

RayMar47
Listener

Googe also provides ZERO support for Google Meet, but at least I can get it to work. Zoom support is horrible beyond words and the App will not operate.