cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Owner Passed Away - Small Business

TonyV
Listener

We are as small family business and last year my father. president passed away. I have managed our Zoom account with my own log in credentials and everything but now that the payment has lapsed. It wasn't until I tried upgrading that I realized it was all in his name and now I'm told I don't have those permissions. 

I know I can start a new account, but is there any reason to want to keep the old account going, but switch the primary account holder? Records of meetings, notes etc. 

Can anyone provide clarity or direction here? I don't have live chat because we are moved to Free Basic, and I cannot update because I don't have permission. 

Many thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @TonyV.

My condolences, Tony.

I can probably walk you through making the change yourself if you can confirm one or both of the following:

• Are you an Admin on the account? 
  • Do you have access to his old Email address to receive emails?  

Basically, if you have access to his old email address, you can go through the steps outlined in this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005686983-Changing-the-account-owner 

At the top of that article is says:

If the account owner is no longer with the company and you cannot access their email, contact contact Zoom Support to change the owner. You will be required to verify your identity, relationship to the account, and billing information for your request to be considered.

I've heard it is also possible to request the transfer through Zoom's Trust and Safety group, but based on feedback from other community members, they apparently will require a death certificate before proceeding.  It's unclear to me whether they will need a physical copy for their records or whether a PDF of an original will suffice.

Let me know if you'd like any additional help.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

TonyV
Listener

Hi Ray, 

I don't know if I am an admin. I was receiving his emails but that was 18 months ago and I think they have since been turned off. I will check with my IT and confirm. 

Thanks for the help. I'll check back and mark this as accepted once I'm in. 

TonyV
Listener

No, apparently I'm just a member on the account.

Ray_Harwood

Anyone in IT as an admin?  Or can they re-enable his email address (assuming you have a custom domain email)?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !