cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Shortcut: Control + T

j_john
Explorer
Explorer

Hello - just posting a call out that I can't seem to find anyone else having trouble with. When zoom workspace is open and running in the background, the keyboard shortcut for a screenshot continues to interact with all other open and running apps which is troublesome since the shortcut for a new browser tab is also control+t. Can someone get this to your development team to change that shortcut to literally anything else, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CarlaA
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your feedback on this feature. I wanted to update you that this shortcut is no longer enabled by default.  

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Mark925
Newcomer
Newcomer

Having the same issue. It is frustrating that the App runs in the background. If you right click the application and click quit. This closes the App. 

j_john
Explorer
Explorer

I figured this out! You need to go into your keyboard shortcuts, and uncheck the "Global Shortcut" key. This might turn off screen shotting all together, I have no idea. Either way, it stops it from affecting your other apps, so it's at least a work around for the time being.

thank you!!! I just downloaded the new updated zoom and started having this issue, so I was so confused and was pulling my hair out. finding this response saved me from hours of frustration and 100% resolved my own issue here.

justinkhan
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is a horrible feature. Why would the Zoom team believe commandeering a commonly used shortcut like Ctrl+T is a good idea?

Please change this to something else, or remove the global feature of this. Zoom does not take precedent over my ability to open a browser tab.

CarlaA

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your feedback on this feature. I wanted to update you that this shortcut is no longer enabled by default.  

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you for the update!