cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Chrome Extension stopped working alongside Ghostery ad blocker with Google Calendar

bxr
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have Ghostery ad blocker installed and have had it for a few years now. Scheduling meetings with Zoom Chrome Extension has worked fine until early June 2024. 

Now I click "Make It A Zoom Meeting" in the calendar event editing page and I get this error message:

"calendar.google.com says / Schedule meeting failed. Please try again".

Switching off Ghostery entirely (eg for every site) fixes it, but obviously I don't want to switch off my ad blocker for every site!

Trusting zoom.us and calendar.google.com sites in Ghostery doesn't fix it.

Thoughts as to what is going on? Is there a new site which needs whitelisting or is the Scheduling extension doing something it shouldn't be...?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CarlaA

Hi @bxr  @shawbridge thank you for posting in the Zoom Community.

Our engineering team has let me know that this issue should be fixed now as this was a Google-wide outage. Please verify that you are no longer experiencing this issue at your earliest convenience.

Thank you! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shawbridge
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have exactly the same problem.  It also started in the last two or three weeks.

CarlaA

Hi @bxr  @shawbridge thank you for posting in the Zoom Community.

Our engineering team has let me know that this issue should be fixed now as this was a Google-wide outage. Please verify that you are no longer experiencing this issue at your earliest convenience.

Thank you! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

bxr
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks Carla - yes after restarting Chrome a couple of days ago this functionality now works again. Thanks!