cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block out a single time slot from a recurring schedule?

smarkwallace
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello,

I am new to Scheduler. I have a schedule set up that is recurring each week with the same hours for availability. That was easy and I am having no issues there. What I am trying to figure out is how to block off an odd day/time where I don't happen to be available. It would be for that occasional use when I have another commitment.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Stephen

3 REPLIES 3

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@smarkwallace - Yes, you can do this!  If you go into your scheduler screen and click on the settings icon in the upper right, you will get a screen for your schedules and profile.  Click on the Availability tab, and on the right hand side you will see a link for 'Add Date Override'.  There you can add the exceptions on specific days for when you have an exception to your schedule.

colegs_0-1722523092193.png

smarkwallace
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ok, now I see. It wasn't obvious that by deleting the default time it allowed an "Unavailable" time. I wish it pre-populated my schedule for that day so I could simply remove the one time slot. As it is now, I would have to re-create all of the other times minus the one I want to remove. It's a bit clunky so I do hope this UX can be improved. Maybe I missed something?

colegs

If it pre-populated your schedule and something changed, that would potentially create a gap.  Since the scheduler will not offer times where you are already booked on the calendar, I am not sure what that ultimate goal would be since the net effect would be the same, if there is something on your schedule, it is not available to be scheduled again.