cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Chat window scrolls up rather than showing new comments

kotgc
Listener

The Zoom Chat window won't hold new comments at the bottom of the window, it scrolls up to about 3 older comments.
The bug causes me to repeatedly select the Chat window and scroll down for each new comment at the bottom of the chat window, rather than automatically showing the most recent comment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @kotgc @DelapierceD this maybe a setting within your Zoom Desktop Client for Team Chat worth checking out.

In your Zoom Client settings > Team Chat > under "Unread Messages", you will have the option to "Move messages with new replies to the bottom of the chat", ensure that is enabled.

With that setting enabled, you also have the option of how you want to view those unread messages, whether that be starting at the first or latest unread within the Team Chat channel. 

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 9.58.24 AM.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DelapierceD
Listener

Bumping this. I have this same issue, as well as the chat jumping around when I try to scroll. Makes it very hard to read the chat

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @kotgc @DelapierceD this maybe a setting within your Zoom Desktop Client for Team Chat worth checking out.

In your Zoom Client settings > Team Chat > under "Unread Messages", you will have the option to "Move messages with new replies to the bottom of the chat", ensure that is enabled.

With that setting enabled, you also have the option of how you want to view those unread messages, whether that be starting at the first or latest unread within the Team Chat channel. 

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 9.58.24 AM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hello @kotgc, I went ahead and marked my reply as the solution. If this does not solve your problem, please mark my response as "not the solution" and we can continue to troubleshoot! I hope this helped, and thank you! 🙂

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hey RN. I tried what you wrote, but did not have a Zoom Call to test it for a while. I still have the same issue. After the Chat messages build up, I scroll up and down to read them, and it just jumps all over the place. No smooth scrolling

I think I should specify: There are no new messages being sent when the chat jumps around. I am literally just scrolling through messages that already exist in the chat, and the chat jumps all over the place as I scroll - with no new messages being sent

Please help!