cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group presentation recording

carlpat2022
Listener

I will be doing a group presentation and had a couple of questions or advice:  

- If I have my view set to gallery so I can see all participants (about 12), will the recording show the gallery view or will it show my presenting

-While presenting, if I use some presentation slides, will the recording show the slide with a small pic of myself talking through the slide?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @carlpat2022, and welcome to the Zoom Community! The recording will mimic your video layout, so if you have it set to gallery view, the recording will also be in gallery view. 

You might also find this article from our knowledge base helpful: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360025561091-Recording-layouts 🙂

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you for your response.

So If I want the recording to show me presenting or a slide with me off to the side, it's best to have my view on presenter, correct?

Thanks again.

Happytohelp123
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

If you want to have yourself recorded while you present and the screen you will want to at least select the active speaker with shared screen option

Happytohelp123

Hello carlpat2022!

If it is a local recording you are doing the video and content showing on your screen is what will be recording and this includes the gallery view. 

In this case, I would highly recommend doing a cloud recording so that you have more options. 

From the cloud recording options ( zoom.us/profile/setting) you can set it to record each of the scenarios you presented above as they depend on your settings. If you are unsure of the option you want, for your presentation I would recommend recording each of the views so that you are able to select the option that fits your needs best for the recording. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 3.06.50 PM.png

This is very helpful and sounds like I need to research this a bit further.

Thank you so much for your guidance!