cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Zoom have a polls/quiz option for the group chats?

N_Woodman
Listener

I know that Zoom has the poll option for the meetings, but I cannot seem to find out how to make a poll in the group chats. Does Zoom have a Chat/Poll option and if so, how to I use it? If it doesn't, is there 3rd party polling platform that works well with Zoom chat? 

13 REPLIES 13

Hamilton-Zoomie
Participant | Zoom Employee

@N_Woodman  Currently Zoom does not offer a native poll/survey option for Team Chat.... However, if you are willing to be patient this is planned for the near future!
Sorry, cannot offer options for 3rd party with Team Chat that would sound like an endorsement.  Here is the marketplace with a filter for Team Chat apps:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps?product=ZOOM_CHAT&page=3

Hello - Any update on this feature?

Hamilton-Zoomie

@PG23 We're close!  But it got bumped back a little based on a few needed improvements.

Hamilton-Zoomie

@PG23 I should have mentioned yesterday that you can play around with surveys right now from the Zoom web portal.  

HamiltonZoomie_0-1703093643573.png

Any updates?

Also interested in this feature for Zoom team chat! 

Is it close? 

Tygo
Listener

Following, I was looking for this exact same feature

Hamilton-Zoomie

Licensing aside, look here in the Zoom Web Admin portal for surveys and polls.

HamiltonZoomie_0-1706906454568.png

Does this allow Survey/Polls in Team Chat or just allow you to paste a link to a survey/poll?

Hamilton-Zoomie

So, if it's enabled the icon would look like this.  But I've click on my more actions menu so that you can see how it would be hidden if not in plain sight.  You can easily customize where these shortcuts show up for you.

HamiltonZoomie_0-1707153660819.png

shannonjgregg
Listener

We cannot WAIT to get Polls in Zoom Chat! Please don't make us move to Slack - let's go, Zoom Chat Polls!

mt-vp
Listener

also looking forward to this feature!

Hamilton-Zoomie

Polls in Team Chat has released along with the Admin controls for this feature.  Here are the release notes for Zoom Workplace this past Monday 4/15
https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0075046