cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participants and observers

Wbritto
Listener

Hi,  Can I have a meeting where there are participants and observers?  The participants can interact and ask questions and the observers are able to only watch.  Would I be able to have them register for the meeting and separate participants vs observers.

Thanks for your help

4 REPLIES 4

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Wbritto what you are describing is essentially a Webinar where the panelists can be seen and heard, but attendees can only hear (and chat if you enable them to).   The closest you can do in meetings is to mute everyone and not allow them to unmute without asking, then selectively unmute those you would like to speak during the meeting.

marksramsey
Listener

Has this been updated in Zoom lately...perhaps two invite codes sent to two different groups with different permissions?

colegs

@marksramsey , the logic is still the same, meetings are bi-directional unless the host mutes everyone, then they can request participants unmute if necessary.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Zoom Webinars have separate invitations based on the role of the person  in the webinar.

Inviting attendees and panelists

Panelists are full participants in the meeting.  They can view and send video, screen share, annotate, etc. Please note that panelists will receive an email invitation separate from the attendees of the webinar, which includes their unique join URL and other joining information. 

Learn more about panelists.

Attendees are view-only participants, who can be unmuted if the host chooses. Their view of the webinar is controlled by the host. They can interact with the host and the panelists through the Q&A  and in-webinar chat (if allowed by the host).

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064444 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk5tTyOqgPs 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!