cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registrant list being bypassed

2xJonny
Explorer
Explorer

I am setting up private recurring meetings with a registrant list. I have enabled the authentication setting where users must register with a specific email and they must join the meeting signed into that email. This prevents any unwanted guests from joining the meetings. 

However, when I create an invite link to send to users, the link allows for anyone to register for the meeting on the spot and getting automatically approved to join the meeting. This defeats the entire purpose of having a registrant list. I cannot enable the manual approval setting because there would be far too many registrants to iterate through. 

I remember the invite link only letting people choose from one of two options: sign-in with the registered email or to cancel/leave the meeting

How do I make it so the invite link will no longer allow people to register from it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Certainly, @2xJonny!  Others will benefit from this as well.

So the option to Automatic vs Manual approval isn't on the initial "Schedule Meeting" screen.  Go ahead and create your meeting with "Registration Required":

Ray_Harwood_0-1688331314215.png

Then, back on your list of meetings, click the title of the meeting (not Start or Edit):

Ray_Harwood_1-1688331408463.png

Then the Details tab comes up; click on the Registration tab:

Ray_Harwood_2-1688331499130.png

On the Registration tab, you'll likely see that Automatic Approval is the default setting:

Ray_Harwood_3-1688331565483.png

Click the Edit link to the far right to see:

Ray_Harwood_4-1688331786143.png

My recommendations:

• Leave Automatically Approved in place when creating your meeting.
  • Come back to this screen when you're ready to stop allowing automatically approved registrations and change to Manually Approve.  People will still be able to register... but they will not be approved.
  • I would recommend checking Close registration after meeting date. This will make the registration page inactive at the end of the scheduled meeting time.
  • I also highly recommend disabling/unchecking Show join info on registration confirmation page.  This will eliminate the issue of someone using a bogus email address to register, copying the join link presented at the end of the registration process, then joining the meeting after logging into Zoom with an alternative email address.

Click Save All once these are selected. Make a note to come back and change from Automatic to Manual approval when appropriate.

Again, I haven't tested this functionality in detail, but based on my previous experience, I think this is the setup that will give you the secure meeting registration and attendance you're seeking.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

2xJonny
Explorer
Explorer

img_1540.jpg

To specify, this is what it looks like when someone clicks the invitation link. Is it possible to remove the option for one to register on the spot?

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @2xJonny.

Manual approval should still be enforced after the meeting starts. You don’t indicate that approval is set to Manual; if you don’t have that set, consider setting it, so you can reject inappropriate registrations. 

If you want early registrants to be automatically approved but prevent people from registering and attending after the meeting starts (or sooner), I believe you can change the approval mode from automatic to manual approval. I’d recommend making that change prior to the meeting’s start.  Please test this in advance to ensure you get the protection you’re seeking. 

Note that in testing it has been determined that requiring registration and requiring authentication do not guarantee that only someone registered will attend your event. It is possible that someone obtains a registration link and connects with a Zoom account different than the email that was used in registration.

If you want the protection of knowing that attendance is only by registered attendees accessing the event from the same Zoom account as they are registered from, consider the Zoom Sessions or Zoom Events product. Let me know if you are interested in these options. 

I'd love to change it so early registrants are automatically approved but on-the-spot registrants must be manual. Could you walk me through how to enable this setting? I can't seem to find it after looking around.

Ray_Harwood

Certainly, @2xJonny!  Others will benefit from this as well.

So the option to Automatic vs Manual approval isn't on the initial "Schedule Meeting" screen.  Go ahead and create your meeting with "Registration Required":

Ray_Harwood_0-1688331314215.png

Then, back on your list of meetings, click the title of the meeting (not Start or Edit):

Ray_Harwood_1-1688331408463.png

Then the Details tab comes up; click on the Registration tab:

Ray_Harwood_2-1688331499130.png

On the Registration tab, you'll likely see that Automatic Approval is the default setting:

Ray_Harwood_3-1688331565483.png

Click the Edit link to the far right to see:

Ray_Harwood_4-1688331786143.png

My recommendations:

• Leave Automatically Approved in place when creating your meeting.
  • Come back to this screen when you're ready to stop allowing automatically approved registrations and change to Manually Approve.  People will still be able to register... but they will not be approved.
  • I would recommend checking Close registration after meeting date. This will make the registration page inactive at the end of the scheduled meeting time.
  • I also highly recommend disabling/unchecking Show join info on registration confirmation page.  This will eliminate the issue of someone using a bogus email address to register, copying the join link presented at the end of the registration process, then joining the meeting after logging into Zoom with an alternative email address.

Click Save All once these are selected. Make a note to come back and change from Automatic to Manual approval when appropriate.

Again, I haven't tested this functionality in detail, but based on my previous experience, I think this is the setup that will give you the secure meeting registration and attendance you're seeking.