cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to erase an ai recording transcript

ErnieTamminga
Listener

I thought I had the AI thingy disabled, but when I recorded my Zoom meeting from last week, the resulting recordiong was accompanied by a transcript and "chapter summaries".   All of these were particularly bad, with spelling errors, misinterpretations, etc. etc.

It seems to me that AI  might be useful for recording meetings where discussion deals exclusively with who's assigned to do what next week in the office, and stuff like that. But for more substantive discussions, where the subject matter is not hyper-simple, Zoom's AI functions are truly terrible.

I'm currently trying to erase the chat transcript from my uploaded recording, but I have to erase it individually phrase-by-phrase. Is there any way to erase the whole thing?  Otherwise, erasing it is slower than rewatching the whole meeting in real time.

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ErnieTamminga 

Sorry to hear the quality of the transcript and chapter summaries wasn't great quality. We're working constantly to improve the quality of these AI-powered features. 

If you want to delete the transcript, instead of deleting line by line, you can just delete the transcript entirely. When viewing the various files created for each cloud recording, just find the file named Audio transcript, hover your cursor over it, and click the little trashcan icon. Here's an example from one of my old cloud recordings: 

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 13.01.18.png

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you for the reply.  However...

The link that Zoom sent me, to get to the recording of my session, takes me to a page where I can play the recordings and look at the transcript, etc. (see screenshot) ... BUT there are no actual "files" displayed, so I don't find a way to delete the unwanted file.

Bort

Hi @ErnieTamminga 

Fair enough, the files are currently not listed on that page. Here's a way to view the list of files for a given recording session: 

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Recordings.
    You will see a list of cloud recordings that you started and have finished processing.
  3.  Click on the topic of the recorded meeting. 
    Here you should view all the files, as shown in my screenshot above. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions.