cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZOOM AI COMPANION - Can I UN-install this from Zoom?

EC007
Listener

Can I UN-install ZOOM AI COMPANION?
If YES .. .HOW?

If NO . . . is there a way to at least turn it off?

I am using a Macintosh computer.  MAC Big Sur 11.7.1

Zoom version Version: 5.16.2 (23409)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @EC007 

All AI Companion features can be disabled through web settings if you don't want them available. These articles have all the information you need to disable these features: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/19072245175821-Settings-and-Configuration-for-Zoom-AI-Comp...

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

SUPER DUPER.  I'll check out the link.  If that solves the problem, I'll come back and mark ACCEPT AS SOLUITON.  THANKS.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Bort

Hi @EC007 

All AI Companion features can be disabled through web settings if you don't want them available. These articles have all the information you need to disable these features: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/19072245175821-Settings-and-Configuration-for-Zoom-AI-Comp...

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

SUPER DUPER.  I'll check out the link.  If that solves the problem, I'll come back and mark ACCEPT AS SOLUITON.  THANKS.

LoriL1
Listener

All of these articles are for ENABLING not DISABLING.  After reading through some of them I have only found how to enable and nothing on how to disable.  I will have to find another service if there is no simple way to disable all AI functions

Bort

@LoriL1 The disablement instructions are just enablement instructions in reverse. Just click the same toggle to disable these features as needed. 

Pete23
Listener

Hello, How can I remove the AI button from my toolbar?   Thank you!

YES -- please provide instructions on how to REMOVE buttons from the Toolbar. It is getting way too crowded with things I DO NOT need.

laura12867
Listener

Agreed - though they appear to be disabled (I'm the admin) I would prefer that they're not in the app toolbar, right where "share screen" used to be. 

Bort

Hi @laura12867 @0jg @Pete23 @LoriL1 

I've posted step-by-step instructions for how to disable and hide in-meeting AI Companion options here: How to completely disable all AI features in Zoom meetings? 

FINALLY, instructions that worked.  Is there any way to include these instructions on the Zoom AI Companion Support page?  From the looks of other postings, I am not the only one frustrated to get the icons to be invisible on the toolbar.

Thanks, Werner