cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with unmute

Harry_Towner
Listener

I am using Zoom version 5.17.2 on a Mac desktop and laptop. When I go to unmute a message pops up that says "AI Companion is using the conversation transcript". I need to hit OK to unmute. I don't recall having this message in the past.

Can someone tell me what is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Harry_Towner 

With version 5.17.1, we updated the consent prompts that appears for recordings, live streaming, and AI use. Previously, these consent prompts were large and appeared in the middle of the meeting window, but we've simplified and consolidated them down to just the banner along to top of the window. 

Generally, if you join a meeting in-progress and any one of these features is already active, you will be prompted to provide consent, before you are able to unmute.  You may not have encountered this much, as if you are already in the meeting when these feature are activated, you still see the prompts, but your audio controls are not restricted. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bort

Hi @Harry_Towner 

With version 5.17.1, we updated the consent prompts that appears for recordings, live streaming, and AI use. Previously, these consent prompts were large and appeared in the middle of the meeting window, but we've simplified and consolidated them down to just the banner along to top of the window. 

Generally, if you join a meeting in-progress and any one of these features is already active, you will be prompted to provide consent, before you are able to unmute.  You may not have encountered this much, as if you are already in the meeting when these feature are activated, you still see the prompts, but your audio controls are not restricted. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.