cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Meeting Summary and AI Companion questions : Locked by Admin? How to unlock it?

Ecolinc
Listener

We have tried everything(all suggestions in Help) but cannot unlock these options in Settings in our ZOOM account?      Yesterday I was in a ZOOM meeting hosted by another party and I noticed AI Companion tab at the bottom as an option, I clicked it and it asked me to click a button asking permission of the 'Administrator' to open it.   Where did that request go? Who is the 'Administrator' it refers to ?    We are located in Australia.  Yesterday I attended a launch meeting for AI Companion and the other new AI tools.  I assumed they were ready to use? 

Thanks for any advice on this. 

1 REPLY 1

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello

Many features in Zoom need to be enabled globally for the entire account in the Admin section and then in your Personal settings section for you on your personal account settings.

Do you know who "owns" your Zoom account? Is there someone with the role of Zoom administrator? If this is a personal account, you are most likely the owner. If you belong to an organization that buys Zoom for you then you'll need to figure out who that is. 

Global Account settings

The admin of your account (possible you?) needs  to log in to the Zoom Web  portal.  https://zoom.us 

Then, in the admin section,  navigate to Account Management> Account Settings> scroll right to the AI Companion tab and turn on the features that you want to use on the account.

Screen Shot 2023-11-22 at 6.18.00 PM.png

Personal Account Settings

Sign into the Zoom Web portal, then in your own account navigate to Personal > Account Settings > AI Companion and turn on the settings that you want to enable. 

Screen Shot 2023-11-22 at 6.41.10 PM.png

The Zoom support site has details on all of the Zoom settings for every tool.

Here is a link to the section of Zoom Companion;

Settings and Configuration for Zoom AI Companion 

The Zoom Learning Center has many self guided tutorials on how to use Zoom and be a Zoom Admin;

https://learning.zoom.us/learn 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!