cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whiteboard restricting others from editing

TJHaven
Listener

Hello,

I am having problems with allowing others to edit/access/annotate my whiteboard even it appears I have allowed all participants.  I keep getting a message that says "admin has restricted access to anyone not in my organization" but I am admin and I can find nowhere to even find this setting or change it.  I've checked every section I can find but clearly. haven't solved the problem.  Since I am the sole person on my account, it restricts everyone!

Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mpaterno
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi TJHaven,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with locating certain settings! If you have admin privileges, you can find a long list of whiteboard admin settings by navigating to Account Management > Account Settings > Whiteboard (via the horizontal tab bar). You'll find that you'll be able to control the "default advanced sharing settings", including whether users can invite external users. 

Let us know if this solves your issue! Happy to take any feedback as well.

Matt Paterno

Whiteboard Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mpaterno
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi TJHaven,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with locating certain settings! If you have admin privileges, you can find a long list of whiteboard admin settings by navigating to Account Management > Account Settings > Whiteboard (via the horizontal tab bar). You'll find that you'll be able to control the "default advanced sharing settings", including whether users can invite external users. 

Let us know if this solves your issue! Happy to take any feedback as well.

Matt Paterno

Whiteboard Team

dalynmiller
Listener

I'm having the same problem, but when I navigate to Account Management > Account Settings > Whiteboard (which are all vertical on the left side of the screen, BTW) all I get is a list of recent whiteboards and the horizontal tabs are just "All Whiteboards, "Recent," "My Whiteboards," etc. There is no "default advanced sharing settings." I have a personal paid account and the person I'm trying to share the whiteboard with using my meeting ID does not. Since it's my meeting, under my paid account, shouldn't I be able to invite the attendees to my meeting under my paid account to edit the whiteboard we are working on? If that's not a possibility, then that's a useless tool

ReeGodlevska
Observer

I have a similar problem

mpaterno
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @dalynmiller and @ReeGodlevska , sorry for the late reply in this thread, but let me see if I can still help. It sounds like the page you're accessing, Dalyn, is a different tab called Whiteboard. If you scroll down, into the Admin section, you'll find Account Management > Account Settings and then in this screen you should see a horizontal menu. Let me know if you have trouble finding this page!