cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whiteboard enabled but tab is not showing up in meeting tools-Where is it?

Viv63
Listener

The whiteboard settings are all set correctly but there is no tab in meeting tools and no where to go to locate any other option.  I am relatively new to zoom so any response-please consider me a rookie. 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Viv63 

First, I just want to make sure we're talking about the same feature, as Zoom currently has 2 whiteboard options: Classic whiteboard and the new(ish) Zoom Whiteboard

From there, that should tell us where to look for the Whiteboard option during a meeting. 

• Classic whiteboard would be accessed through the Share Screen option. 
  • Zoom Whiteboard would be available on the same toolbar as the Share Screen option. 

Also, a few other things to check: 

• You said your whiteboard settings are all set correctly, but are you officially the host of the meeting you're testing with? Whiteboard may not be an option if you are not signed-in and officially recognized as the host. 
  • Updated to the latest app version? You're likely on the min version for whiteboard (5.13.5), but its possible you're not. Check for updates if you can. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Viv63
Listener
Wow!  thank you so much. I will definitely check on the updates.  
I was able to get into and play with a whiteboard.  But...........I'm not sure which one, classic or the udated one.  Saturday I will play with it some more and get better acquainted.  
Thank you again. 

GrantS
Listener

Hi @Bort ,

Looks like you have a lot of insight into the Whiteboard options so I'm adding to this thread if it's OK. 

I recently signed up to Zoom using a company email address that apparently is controlled by the company's administrators. When I signed up I said it mustn't join my account yet to the company account.

I was then able to create a Zoom Whiteboard (not classic).

Today I then decided (stupidly) to "merge" my account with the company's Zoom account and now I can no longer access my Zoom Whiteboard - error shown:

GrantS_0-1683210187130.png

Any ideas how I can get access to my WB again?

Thanks.

Bort

Hi @GrantS 

I'm not familiar with that exact error code to say for sure, but @Frank_TB is likely correct that the account you joined simply doesn't have Zoom Whiteboards enabled for the account, or even possibly your user group, if they are getting more granular with settings. You might ask them if you can have temporary access to export that whiteboard. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. 

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Contact the company's administrators and ask them if the new whiteboard experience is enabled and can you have access. They may not allow it, we don't yet.

Regards