cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whiteboard annotation options missing

awjdean
Listener

Users not in my organisation cannot annotate on Whiteboards shared during a meeting. Weirdly, if I open the old version of the whiteboard through "Share Screen" other users can annotate, but this version of the whiteboard doesn't allow me to import images.

I think this might be a setting that's been turned off by the admin of my organisation. If so, is anyone able to let me know which setting needs changing so I can ask my admin to change it?

[I'm using Windows 10 with the latest version of Zoom.]

14 REPLIES 14

Palmer
Participant | Zoom Employee

@awjdean Sorry to hear about this! Our team is looking into the issue right now.

cweekley3
Listener

Hi, this same thing has been happening to me! Nobody else in my meetings can annotate the whiteboard; I'm the only one!

Palmer

@cweekley3 - Would you posting an image of the what you see? Also, do you know if the participants in the meeting are signed in and or belong to the same account as you? There is a possibility that your admin disabled external collaboration in a meeting.

jjoseph
Listener

as the whiteboard loads, within the first few hundredths of a second, the annotation toolbar appears on the left, but then vanishes when it completes loading... it almost seems akin to a toolbar that can be hidden or unhidden in say adobe photoshop, but considering all the options of the whiteboard that seem available, there is no button or feature to call it back/unhide it. So it might be a viewing space issue, or window sizing, or location of the toolbar being outside the viewable space.

We have got the same problem here. When we open the whiteboard, the annotation toolbar appears just for seconds and then it vanishes after seconds and nobody is able to write on the whiteboard. 

Is there a possible solution or shall we wait for the new update? Thank you very much in advance

literacyhugs
Listener

I am also unable to allow my students to annotate on my whiteboard. I see their cursor, but they have no way of annotating. I've gone onto settings to fix this problem and nothing is working. I'm at my wits end!!!

Palmer

@literacyhugs - We are starting to roll out an update on April 21st which will restore temporary edit access to all meeting participants, even if your account has disabled external cloud sharing. That should solve the immediate sharing issue. BTW, love the name! Literacy Hugs!

awjdean
Listener

An update on my end: I spoke to the admin team at my organisation and they have said that the option for non-organisation members to annotate has not been disabled so it looks like this is a bug.

Hopefully, the fix @Palmer mentioned will sort the issue.

Palmer

@awjdean - i sent you a private message on how to contact me directly. I would love to understand exactly what's going on and make sure our fix resolves the issue!

MonicaGlezF
Listener

Hello, I also have the same problem...

I am a teacher and if I pay for Zoom it is precisely so that when I do my classes they can also write on the board. However, now they can't...

The other board was infinitely more comfortable. It wasted less time and, in addition, it was automatically saved at the end of each video call.

This new board complicates my existence much more than solving it... In fact, I am considering not paying again and looking for other solutions that do.

Fix this please!

Nenen30
Listener

I had the same problem. I found that the icon for revealing the annotation toolbar is a tiny black button on a black background in the bottom left corner of the Zoom screen!  This can only be seen when the user hovers over it and a tiny white pencil appears in the black circle.  If the user clicks on this then the annotating toolbar appears. 
 If this works for you, please let me know as I'd like to double check it will work for all my students, not just the one I found this solution for.  

Hello, we tried to find this black button, but werent able to. Is it possible maybe, that you can post a screenshot for example where exactly we can find this button? Thank you very much in advance.

 I hope this helps @sunflower86 

IMG_9002.png

Nenen30
Listener

@jjoseph and @literacyhugs and @MonicaGlezF and @Palmer please see the fix I found in my previous post. I don't want to repeat it as when I try to repost this important info I get error messages saying I am flooding the forum!  You also need to ensure you, and all the participants are running the latest update to Zoom.  Don't assume (as I did) that because I had just started a new Zoom subscription, I would automatically have the latest update!