cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems drawing on whiteboard with stylus

WBinvestigator
Listener

Hello!

I am having some problems using the stylus to draw on Zoom Whiteboards... whenever I draw on it with multiple strokes that start from the same place (like at the top of the letter A) it will select and move the first stroke and draw while moving the first stroke, or just select and move the first stroke and stop drawing. This causes a mess on the whiteboard and I can't really draw what I want to at all. I tried using an iPad and Apple Pencil as well as a Windows tablet and another type of stylus (not sure of the name), and the same thing happens with both devices/styluses. It happens both on the Zoom App and when using Zoom in a web browser. It seems like it's a problem within the platform and may not be something I can fix on my end. I hope this can be fixed soon!!

9 REPLIES 9

pamanniii
Listener

Same problem essentially...I use zoom for math tutoring and when I use a stylus on any device (phone, tablet, touchscreen laptop) the drawing tool seems to switch to select tool automatically. An example...when I cross my x, the second stroke (upper right to lower left) instead drags the first stroke down to left... below attached is attempt to illustrate the result. PLEASE HELP!!!

SEnns
Listener

I'm having the same problem. Also a math teacher and I'm seriously debating abandoning Zoom whiteboards because I can't teach! I'm spending more time correcting my own writing.

Please fix!

WBinvestigator
Listener

@pamanniii @SEnns I filed a request and they've just informed me that they were able to recreate the issue and are working on a fix now. I'll try to reply here once they confirm that they've found a solution, but here is the webpage of  Zoom Release Notes that are published almost daily - I'm keeping an eye on it to see if/when they update it about Drawing on Whiteboard. 

Shuchir
Listener

Came here after observing the same issue. this looks like an application issue and not a problem with the pen/stylus. i suspect...the moment you lift your stylus from the drawing board surface, the zoom's whiteboard application assumes you are in a "Select" mode instead of "Draw" mode. And hence, instead of letting you continue with the next stroke, it ends up selecting the last stroke. Please fix the issue quickly - without that, the whiteboard is probably not useful.

pamanniii
Listener

Thanks for there input. I really hope the issue gets resolved.

JCphys
Listener

Same issue here, and I am also a tutor using zoom. Physics and math.

After some searching, I saw a post recommending that I turn off "Enable Windows Ink" in my tablet's software while I am using Zoom annotate. It works fine now! For reference, I have a Huion Tablet, specifically the Inspiroy H640P

Hopefully this is something they'll patch, as I don't really want to be switching Windows Ink on and off, but I'm so glad to be able to write "x" reliably in the meantime

Thanks. Will try this.

WBinvestigator
Listener

@JCphys @pamanniii @Shuchir @SEnns After filing the request with Zoom Support about this issue and corresponding with them over the last two weeks, I received this message yesterday:

"I have confirmed with our escalation engineers that they are working on the fix and it currently has a target release date of October 16th. I will keep you updated and let you know if that changes or until it is released!"

So we should see it resolved in about a month, which is better than never I suppose. 

pamanniii
Listener

Thanks!