cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participant video not showing when sharing whiteboard with new Zoom update

BearyBear
Listener

As of today, April 24, 2024, when sharing the WhiteBoard, I can no longer see the participant video. I have been using Zoom for years and I have not had this issue until today. I can see the participant video when I am not sharing the WhiteBoard. However, if the WhiteBoard is being shared, the only video I see is the host video. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

18 REPLIES 18

Flowerscat
Attendee

I have exactly the same problem! No idea how to solve it - tried everything!

Cherri
Listener

Yes, I need this fixed as well!! Please help!

Cherri
Listener

I have the same problem and really need direction as how to fix this!!

BearyBear
Listener

I am still experiencing this issue. Has anyone found a solution?

ClareB
Listener

I have the same issue and also need help.

fogcitygator
Listener

I am having the same problem.  Also did the menu where you can select text, shapes etc on classic whiteboard disappear too?

BearyBear
Listener

For those of you having the issue that the participant video is not showing once the WhiteBoard is shared, please note that I find a slight fix to this. When you log on, if you click on the the host video, the participant and host video will switch. (Instead of seeing the participant video as the large video with the host video as the small video in the corner of the screen, you will see the host video as the large video and the participant video as the small video.) Once you share the WhiteBoard, your video will disappear but you will be able to see the participant video. I still haven't figured out a way to be able to view the host and participant video when sharing the WhiteBoard, but this might help some of you temporarily until Zoom figures out a better solution.

You are a lifesaver!  This fix works great.  Thank you.

So glad it works for you! If anyone finds a way to display the host video, participant video, and share the WhiteBoard at the same time, please reply to this post. (I am using an iPad and still can't see both the participant and host video when sharing the WhiteBoard.) I am still hoping for a better solution. Prior to the newest update, this was possible. 

I tried using your workaround... unfortunately, no matter who is small in the corner, when I share anything (classic whiteboard, new whiteboard or photo), it changes the little video on my screen to ME.... so FRUSTRATING!!!

Please let me know if anyone is having this same problem and has any other solution suggestions 🙏

Thanks for this tip!

What a strange bug for something so fundamental. I don’t understand how it’s not more of an issue yet.  

MyaPlaya
Listener

I'm so sorry this is happening to you .  I work as a tutor and loosing the video feed on my students during Whiteboard shares is maddening.  This happens when Zoom updates the app.  I had this problem after the last update about 2 months ago and Zoom was unable to resolve it after I submitted a ticket.  However, I did find a workaround on Reddit.  At the time, I was able to choose to use the old version of the whiteboard and I would get the video feed.  Give this a shot.  Be warned though .... the software updated again last week and while I do still have the option to choose "whiteboard classic", the video is no longer there either.  I just have onscreen video of myself talking during shares which is super annoying.

Yes, I also use the Classic Whiteboard rather than the newer version because I, too, had issues with the newer version. Also, the video issue resulted when the new update came out at the end of April. However, if you want to see your student rather than yourself on the video, there is a fix to this. Before sharing your whiteboard, tap on your video. When you do this, you will then see a big picture of you and a smaller video of your student. When you share the whiteboard, you will no longer see your video, but you will, however, see your participant video. I hope this helps.

Yes, I actually saw you post this after scrolling further through the conversation last night.  Thanks.  I am going to try it today. 

I got a response from Zoom, and they are "currently coordinating with their backend team to look further into the issue with sharing Whiteboard and seeing the participants at the same time".  Translation: there is no fix and everyone experiencing the issue needs to submit a ticket.  That said, they did suggest turning off automatic software updates to avoid logging on to unexpected buggy updates.  

Open the App Store. From the menu bar at the top of the screen, choose App Store > Settings or App Store > Preferences. Select or deselect Automatic Updates. 

Thank you for the tip!

your big to small toggle before sharing the whiteboard worked for me today!  thanks so much 🙂

HUSSAIN12
Listener

The issue of participant videos not appearing when sharing the whiteboard in Zoom may be due to a recent update. You should check Zoom's settings or contact their support for help in resolving this issue.

Yes, it resulted from an update. I have contacted their support and was told there is no current fix. I was told to submit it as feedback, which I did at this point.