cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse/Tablet pencil stop working

Eva-9
Listener

Hello! 
When I am using the tablet-pencil or the mouse they stop working and the only way for them to work again is closing the meeting and opening a new one. This is very disruptive while I am teaching. Have someone encountered this problem before? Any idea why it happend or how to resolve it without closing the meeting? I appreciate your help a lot! Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Eva-9, do you mind sharing how you're using the annotation? Are you annotating on the whiteboard or over the shared screen? If sharing a whiteboard, I've heard most success with a whiteboard and an Apple Pencil with supported iPads is using the Pencil icon within the whiteboard. 

Also, I do know aftermarket pencils sometimes aren't seamless at times either. Just from experience with an iPad and an aftermarket pencil. 

Assuming you've tried to unshare your content or whiteboard, and tried sharing again to see if that helps? Or, see if you need to update to the latest version of Zoom. 🙂

Looking forward to your response! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Eva-9, do you mind sharing how you're using the annotation? Are you annotating on the whiteboard or over the shared screen? If sharing a whiteboard, I've heard most success with a whiteboard and an Apple Pencil with supported iPads is using the Pencil icon within the whiteboard. 

Also, I do know aftermarket pencils sometimes aren't seamless at times either. Just from experience with an iPad and an aftermarket pencil. 

Assuming you've tried to unshare your content or whiteboard, and tried sharing again to see if that helps? Or, see if you need to update to the latest version of Zoom. 🙂

Looking forward to your response! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

david666
Listener

Same problem, still not working with latest zoom / iPadOS as of today (Feb '22). 

I'm using iPad Pro 2020 and original Apple pencil from 2020. The pencil works fine in all other apps, but on the whiteboard is starts ok then leaves no marks. I can still draw with my fingers (ugly!) but not with the pen. If I close the whiteboard and re-open, it works again for a minute or so then runs out of ink (or so it seems.) I can share a screen video if that's helpful.