cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want participants to edit whiteboard

AnneOF
Listener

Hi,

When I share a whiteboard to the participants (meeting), they can't edit it. They can only watch it.

I check the settings and allowed participants to share and so on.
But there is a setting which is in gray and maybe it is in connection with my problem (see screenshots).

Can you help me ?
I have a Zoom One Pro.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BakerHe
Participant | Zoom Employee

Your setting is correct.

BakerHe_0-1687244610962.png

Could you please check if participants'  zoom client version higher than 5.13.5 

If version lower than 5.13.5,  participants can only view the whiteboard, can't edit it.

Checking the Zoom version number doc: 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362393-Checking-the-Zoom-version-number

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

BakerHe

Your setting is correct.

BakerHe_0-1687244610962.png

Could you please check if participants'  zoom client version higher than 5.13.5 

If version lower than 5.13.5,  participants can only view the whiteboard, can't edit it.

Checking the Zoom version number doc: 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362393-Checking-the-Zoom-version-number

I BakerHe,

Thanks for your reply. I finally found that it was because of the old version of Zoom and computer.
You are right.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks so much - it worked!

LaTiiicher
Listener

Hi! I'm running into the same problem, but I have the 5.16.10 version. Can anyone help?

Same. All settings set to allow collaboration. V.5.17. Worked just fine until suddenly not. I believe the problem began after the latest update. 

I found a solution that worked but now I cannot find the link to it. Here is what I did: Home/Admin/Account Management/Whiteboard (NOT Whiteboard Management; use right arrow to find Whiteboard tab)/[Make sure all options are toggled on]. "Allow whiteboards to be saved to cloud" was off and when I turned it on, invitees were able once again to access their tool menu and edit. Default must have changed during last update or something.

Thank you! That works for me too!!

Ali

Thank you - could you tell me where to find the right arrow for the Whiteboard tab please?

BakerHe

BakerHe_0-1705969339469.png

How do I get to the admin page? I'm the sole owner of a private account. I use Zoom to tutor my nephew, and don't have an admin choice when I go to home.

BakerHe

Hi @HatingZoomToday  If you can't see the admin setting, it means your account is not an admin account. It's sub-account of another admin account.

This wiki may help : https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060684

BakerHe_0-1711647489118.png

This also worked for me. For those who have it look slightly different, I logged on the website, went to home, admin, account management, account settings, then along the top bar to whiteboard.