cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to open or install zoom apk file!

Lesserblack
Listener

Hello.

I need to use Zoom for online teaching, but i can't even open the file on my laptop, to install it!

After downloading the apk file, when i right click on it, i get the option to open or save.  When i click on open, nothing happens!

Please could somebody help me solve this problem, so that i can finally install Zoom?

Thank you so much!

Marlene

Ps I don't have any other Zoom downloads on my laptop, and i've cleared the cache.  I dunno what else to do!

3 REPLIES 3

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
  • Hi Are you installing the Zoom for desktop file ?

sachinzoom_0-1675145194165.png

https://zoom.us/download

JasonHernandez1
Listener

If you are having trouble opening the Zoom APK file on your laptop, it is possible that the file is corrupt or incomplete. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check the file size: Make sure that the file size of the downloaded APK matches the expected size. If the file size is significantly smaller than expected, the download may have been incomplete.

2. Disable antivirus software: Some antivirus software can interfere with the installation of APK files. Temporarily disable your antivirus software and try installing the APK again.

3. Download the file from a different source: If the file is corrupt or incomplete, try downloading the APK from a different source.

4. Check your settings: Make sure that your laptop is set to allow installation of APK files from unknown sources. To do this, go to Settings > Security and toggle the switch for "Unknown sources" to the on position.

5. Try a different device: If all else fails, try downloading and installing the Zoom APK on a different device and then transferring it to your laptop using a USB drive or other means.

If none of these steps work, you may want to contact Zoom support for further assistance.

Dovein
Listener

@Lesserblack wrote:

Hello.

I need to use Zoom for online teaching, but i can't even open the file on my laptop, to install it!

After downloading the apk file, when i right click on it, i get the option to open or save.  When i click on open, nothing happens!

Please could somebody help me solve this problem, so that i can finally install Zoom kingsmodapk?

Thank you so much!

Marlene

Ps I don't have any other Zoom downloads on my laptop, and i've cleared the cache.  I dunno what else to do!

Enable Unknown Sources: By default, Android devices block the installation of apps from unknown sources to protect your device. To install an APK file, you need to enable this option in your device settings. Go to "Settings," then "Security" or "Privacy," and enable the "Unknown Sources" option.

Check APK File Compatibility: Ensure that the APK file you have is compatible with your device. APK files may be specific to certain versions of Android or device architectures. If the APK is not compatible, you may need to find an alternative version that matches your device specifications.

Clear App Cache: If you previously attempted to install the Zoom app, clear the app cache to eliminate any conflicts. Go to "Settings," then "Apps" or "Application Manager," find Zoom, and select "Clear Cache."

Download from Trusted Sources: Make sure you are downloading the Zoom APK file from a reputable source. It is recommended to download directly from the official Zoom website or from trusted app stores like the Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore.

Verify APK Integrity: Sometimes, the APK file itself may be corrupted or incomplete. Try downloading the file again from a reliable source to ensure its integrity.

Restart Device: A simple restart of your device can sometimes resolve installation issues by clearing temporary glitches.