how to capture, copy and paste image to zoom chat

marlenegarcia
Listener

how to capture, copy and paste image to zoom chat

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

@marlenegarcia - Are you talking about the Zoom Chat application, or pasting to the Zoom Meeting/Webinar chat window? You can't paste an image into a Zoom Meeting/Webinar chat window, sorry.

If you have contacts in the Zoom Chat application, it's pretty simple: copy most anything --  text, images, PDF documents -- on Windows or Mac, then put the cursor in the Message area on the Zoom Chat screen when chatting with any of your contacts, press Control-V to paste.  A mini-version will show up in your window; press the blue Send arrow, and the file is sent.  Note that in most cases the file has to be downloaded by the recipient, since Zoom Chat won't preview documents in the Zoom Chat window.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

marlenegarcia
Listener

@Ray_Harwood  thanks for your reply. I understand that copy and paste to zoom meeting is not allowed and cant be done. its in our zoom chat for copy and paste image and also for file sharing not allowing us. is there a way to unlocked this thanks

Ray_Harwood

Hello again, @marlenegarcia.  I don't see any Zoom support items relating to settings for Zoom Chat copy/paste other than general statements that it's possible to do. On other sites I've seen a few threads about problems with copy/paste in Zoom Chat, and the common thread there is that some older MacOS versions of the Zoom Client had some bugs that prevented copy/paste... and in many of the cases they reported the issue went away when they updated their Zoom client.  I'm not sure if any of this applies to you, of course, but I do always recommend that you have the most recent Zoom Client installed for your platform.

I'm not sure if there are more details you can share... like are there any error messages; try copying plain text from a Notepad document on Windows or a Note on Mac.  In some cases I think the Zoom Client might see the data in the pasting material and declare it to be ineligible for pasting due to a format mismatch with the destination field.  Other than that, not sure what to tell you.... other than to contact Zoom support (I recommend issuing a Web ticket as mentioned in this Zoom support page.

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood

@marlenegarcia - Are you talking about the Zoom Chat application, or pasting to the Zoom Meeting/Webinar chat window? You can't paste an image into a Zoom Meeting/Webinar chat window, sorry.

If you have contacts in the Zoom Chat application, it's pretty simple: copy most anything --  text, images, PDF documents -- on Windows or Mac, then put the cursor in the Message area on the Zoom Chat screen when chatting with any of your contacts, press Control-V to paste.  A mini-version will show up in your window; press the blue Send arrow, and the file is sent.  Note that in most cases the file has to be downloaded by the recipient, since Zoom Chat won't preview documents in the Zoom Chat window.

tferic
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Pasting images in a chat in the Zoom Desktop client on Linux does not seem to work using Ctrl-V.

One has to right-click into the text field and select "Paste Image".

Copying an image from chat into the clipboard does not seem to be possible at all. One has to download the image, open the downloaded image in a Image Viewer, select all and copy.

These seem to be a limitations by the Zoom Desktop software on Linux, and not by Linux itself.

marlenegarcia
Listener

@Ray_Harwood  thanks for your reply. I understand that copy and paste to zoom meeting is not allowed and cant be done. its in our zoom chat for copy and paste image and also for file sharing not allowing us. is there a way to unlocked this thanks

Ray_Harwood

Hello again, @marlenegarcia.  I don't see any Zoom support items relating to settings for Zoom Chat copy/paste other than general statements that it's possible to do. On other sites I've seen a few threads about problems with copy/paste in Zoom Chat, and the common thread there is that some older MacOS versions of the Zoom Client had some bugs that prevented copy/paste... and in many of the cases they reported the issue went away when they updated their Zoom client.  I'm not sure if any of this applies to you, of course, but I do always recommend that you have the most recent Zoom Client installed for your platform.

I'm not sure if there are more details you can share... like are there any error messages; try copying plain text from a Notepad document on Windows or a Note on Mac.  In some cases I think the Zoom Client might see the data in the pasting material and declare it to be ineligible for pasting due to a format mismatch with the destination field.  Other than that, not sure what to tell you.... other than to contact Zoom support (I recommend issuing a Web ticket as mentioned in this Zoom support page.

@Ray_Harwood yeah maybe in our platform is the issue, but some of my team mates they can copy and paste images.,anyway thanks so much for that information though. God bless and stay safe