cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Chat does not notify me when i get a message anymore unless the window is closed.

mamedeo101
Listener

Hey Zoom community, I used to be able to keep the chat window open in the background work and when someone would message it would ding, and give me a push notification. As of the last update zoom chat no longer notifies me when I get a message unless I have the application minimized.

I have tried to uninstall, redownload and reinstall, I have tried zoom support (He just ended the chat with me because he couldn't figure it out). I'm missing a lot of messages because there is no sound. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any solutions? 

2 REPLIES 2

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @mamedeo101! Is this issue still occurring? If so, I'd be happy to help you figure out what could be going on 🙂

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

random_username
Listener

Same here. I've already missed a couple of pings I didn't need to miss. It seems like my SysTray icon doesn't stay lit up anymore when a new message has come in, either. So if I was away from my desk and missed the incoming chat, I could at least see the little orange icon at the bottom of my screen.