cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound gets muted

zikzuk
Listener

Hello,

I'm taking an online course through Zoom, and every few minutes the audio disappears for a few seconds. Shortly later I get a "Your internet connection is unstable" message on the screen.

It happens through both Ethernet cable connection and WLAN. I have a 500MB connection, tested by ping 8.8.8.8 -t for 6 hours with 0% loss. My cable infrastructure provider also made a remote connection checkup and said no problem was observed.

Yesterday I took the lesson through the WLAN of a restaurant I was at, and all went smoothly, which proves that the problem is in my house connection.

Does anyone know what the origin of such a problem could be?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @zikzuk, have you done a speed test, have other applications open using high amounts of bandwidth, or possibly limiting the number of devices connected pulling bandwidth from your internet?

The bandwidth used by Zoom will be optimized for the best experience based on the participants’ network. It will automatically adjust for 3G, WiFi, or Wired environments. If you go to support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023 you can check out our requirements for the best Meeting experience (which you meet). You can also check out our troubleshooting steps when using WiFI here support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362463

Look into the suggested above and let me know if any of the KBs help! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!