cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam - Delete Team Chat

daniellepcoelho
Listener

Hello,

I just realize that I got scammed and would like to delete the conversation from both sides, since I give too much information.

Could you help me

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Eggyolkio encourage you to report the abusive behavior or content to https://zoom.us/trust-form. Our Trust and Safety team will assist you with next steps.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @daniellepcoelho if a message is deleted, recipients are not notified and deleted chat content or files are no longer accessible within Zoom. You can delete a team chat from your end, however, the user on their end will need to delete the chat also. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I was also scammed through a Zoom team chat. This has been an elaborate hiring scam going on for 3 days. I still have the scammer in an active chat. Can that user be traced back to their location if the chat is still ongoing?  I am afraid they might be able to get access to my computer through the team chat if they have hackers working with them. Is it safer to close the chat, or can an investigation locate the scammer/hackers through the ongoing chat? I have already reported this to the FTC and the FBI, but I still don't know if keeping the chat going would help with the investigation. Please advise and thank you in advance.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Eggyolkio encourage you to report the abusive behavior or content to https://zoom.us/trust-form. Our Trust and Safety team will assist you with next steps.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I just did that and hopefully they will respond quickly because I am still leaving this chat going so hopefully they can trace it. Thank you.