cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent updates to the way starred, chats, and channels are displayed

PaStansberry
Listener

Someone please confirm that I'm not the only one that absolutely loathes the changes to how chats and favorites are organized in the Zoom client.

It seems like no matter who I'm looking for, whether it's a "starred" favorite, a previous unstarred chat with an associate, or a channel I'm part of...  it's NEVER where I expect to find it. It seems like I'm forever clicking three dots to "view all" and then scrolling (sometimes for what feels like eternity) to find what I need. In about half the cases, I eventually give up and just search for the person I need to chat with...  but doesn't that defeat the purpose?

My biggest gripe is with the starred section. What Zoom decides to show me seems to be constantly changing, and never shows me my entire starred list. The whole point of a favorite list is so that your "favorite" items are where you expect to find them, so you can get to them quickly...

I dislike these changes vehemently, but when I broached this in a support ticket to provide feedback, I didn't get the impression they agreed. Am I just nuts, or are there others out there that thing thinks changes were generally for the worse?

V/R
Paul S

5 REPLIES 5

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@PaStansberry 

Hello, 

When you view a chat channel we reduce the size by adding a view all button below the channel. As shown below. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.16.24 PM.png

 This will expand your starred searches of groups or users that you have added as "starred" contacts. 

I hope this helps. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

PaStansberry
Listener

It really doesn’t, no.

im aware of the “View All” button. But what’s frustrating is that the starred category auto collapses, and the short list displayed seems to be dynamically driven somehow rather than static. And yet, somehow that dynamically displayed lost never seems to include who I need to chat with, so I’m CONSTANTLY having to click “View All” and dig through the list to find who I need.

I want the starred list to be:

• Persistent - Always displayed in the same way
  • Static - A list of my favorites. All of them. Never partially hidden, and not constantly changing what is shown to me.
  • Alphabetized

The “Chat” and “Channels” categories are frustrating too, but the starred list is my biggest challenge.

Paul

ps45student
Listener

yes

YaBoiB

@PaStansberry @ps45student,

Good day and Happy Holidays!

I apologize for the late response; I am not seeing what you are seeing. My lists are always displayed in my starred the same way and alphabetical order. This may be something that I am just not paying close attention to and may have been resolved in a recent version release. I am on a Mac OS version 11.6.2 and Zoom Meeting Client version 5.9.0. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-25 at 9.42.16 AM.png

 If you would like to share your experience is, or if you would like to submit a support ticket to the team, I am happy to dig into this more for you both individually to find some common ground or relay this information to our team to assist you with the issue that you have at hand. 

Regards,

B! 😁

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

clay1001
Listener

I agree. It would be nice to have an "always show all" button or to remember the state (i.e. showing all or collapsed) persistently. It seems like the state is remembered if you close the app and leave it running in the background, but on restart it defaults back to collapsed. 

Also sorting options would be nice.