cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Receiving private chats

Nukie_St_James
Listener

i am able to send pvt chats to people but for some reason i do not receive them back. It is when i am connected to my house wifi. if i use my phone as a hotspot, it being connected to the wifi, it will usually work. Once in  awhile it still won't let me receive any. Its frustrating because people think i'm ignoring them when i'm not. Is it something in a firewall somewhere? Please help!

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Nukie_St_James ,

I know it has been a while since you initially posted, but I want to make sure you receive assistance. Are you still having this issue? If so, I'd love to help you get it resolved.

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I am having this same problem. I have not tried using my phone as a hotspot but I know it isnā€™t specific to my home Wi-Fi. I have the same problem when I am traveling and on the hotel Wi-Fi. I have reinstalled zoom, operating system, and am on my third MacBook and have had the problem for over two year. Over that time it feels like it has slowly degraded where at first I was getting some

still but now I get practically none. The number of times Iā€™ve made a fool of myself ā€œare you talking to me?ā€  People receive mine fine but itā€™s like a blank screen for me. Messages to Everyone seem fine but the red ones just never make it. Iā€™ve exhausted every scenario I can think of and I feel Iā€™m going insane. People think Iā€™m playing games with them until I turn the camera on my chat window. 

I figure it must not be making that peer to peer encrypted connection right? Could it be a mac setting that Iā€™m carrying over laptop to laptop? Does zoom need full disk access?

hopefully someone here can help me because zoom has not provided me any.