cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mic Stops Working After 4-5 Minutes

JC11
Listener

I am having a problem with my mic not working after about 4-5 minutes into Zoom meetings. I log into my Zoom account, have strong wi-fi, and complete the mic check and audio check successfully. Others are able to hear me for about 4-5 minutes, then the mic does not work (audio still works). This happens when I start a meeting and when I join others' meetings. I am able to successfully participate in Google Meet virtual meetings, so I do not think it is my computer. In fact, the mic fail happens to me in Zoom on both of my computers. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom app. Suggestions? Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

AngieB
Listener

Just wanted to say I am experiencing this issue as well; it started about 3-4 weeks ago. I do not have the problem with any other meeting application, only Zoom. Sometimes, if I unplug my headphones & plug them back in, it will work for a random amount of time (but only a minute or so) and then stops working again. 

CJK
Listener

The same  issue, my microphone stops working after about 5 minutes into a zoom meeting.  I can hear the other participants but they can no longer hear me.  It's quite an issue since I am the Host of the meeting!  

Zoom Staff, what is the solution?

Kamer
Listener

Dear Zoom Official,

The external jack microphone voice does not reach the meeting after a certain period of time in the Zoom meeting.

I attend the meeting as a guest and use mute when I am not speaking. My computer is Windows 11 and the hardware is working on my computer and the sound test is successfully. Although my computer captures my voice, the Zoom application does not, so my microphone voice does not reach the meeting.

After removing the microphone from the jack and plugging it back in, the Zoom voice works well again, but after 1-2 minutes again my voice is not going to the meeting.

Kind regards.