Introducing the new Zoom Community Champion Program where we recognize our most engaged community members for their contributions.

Learn more and join
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mic Stops Working After 4-5 Minutes

JC11
Listener

I am having a problem with my mic not working after about 4-5 minutes into Zoom meetings. I log into my Zoom account, have strong wi-fi, and complete the mic check and audio check successfully. Others are able to hear me for about 4-5 minutes, then the mic does not work (audio still works). This happens when I start a meeting and when I join others' meetings. I am able to successfully participate in Google Meet virtual meetings, so I do not think it is my computer. In fact, the mic fail happens to me in Zoom on both of my computers. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom app. Suggestions? Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

AngieB
Listener

Just wanted to say I am experiencing this issue as well; it started about 3-4 weeks ago. I do not have the problem with any other meeting application, only Zoom. Sometimes, if I unplug my headphones & plug them back in, it will work for a random amount of time (but only a minute or so) and then stops working again.