cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with audio when connected to bluetooth headset

VT2
Listener

I am using Zoom on mobile app, have connected bluetooth headset for audio but it is not working properly. I can't hear any participant in the meeting, when I click on the speaker with bluetooth icon in upper left side, it goes to speaker mode of mobile and when I click on the same icon again after few seconds, I start hearing other participants but in few minutes again the voice doesn't work and I can't hear any participants again. I tried different bluetooth headset but the problem is same. Any solution?

4 REPLIES 4

Mysticangel929
Listener

I've had the same trouble. Using Zoom app (updated to the latest version) on Android. When connected to car bluetooth or my bluetooth headphones, I toogle the audio icon between speaker/bluetooth/off,  but when it's on bluetooth mode, the sound only comes through my phone--not my bluetooth device. Essentially just turns the speaker off and on, but never transmits audio through any bluetooth devices. It used to work, but for the past 2-3 months (at least), it hasn't. 

I've searched several Zoom community support threads and various tech fix sites, but no one seems to have a solution except "wait till the next Zoom update and hopefully it'll be fixed." Well, the latest update, version 5.11.4.7276  was released yesterday (7/25/22) and it still didn't fix this issue. 

Hylton
Listener

I had a no-sound issue in a zoom meeting on my android cellphone. Sound worked through the phone's speaker, but when I switched to a bluetooth connected headset by clicling the speaker icon I had no sound.

My music player on my phone worked fine.

I never listen to anything on my phone's speker because of my hearing issue. I only use my BT-connected hearing devices.

Next I went to my desktop PC (Windows 10 Home) and connected to the meeting with the desktop app, sound worked fine through my BT headset. I do not have speakers on my PC.

Whatmight the problem be in the android app?

lio1
Listener

I had a similar problem. I tried everything (also stuff on another thread which I cannot find like permissions, clearing data and cache, uninstalling, etc.) finally, I discovered 2 apps from the same maker that, when used even once on the phone, create this error. As soon as I restart the phone, bluetooth connectivity is back on zoom. if I go to those apps again, it stops working. try to restart in safe mode and eliminate apps one by one.

eldrdge1
Listener

I'm having the same problem (android). I cannot get Zoom to play audio to my bluetooth hearing aids .... only on the speaker of my phone. There's no icon to switch. The only icon which looks to be close is the speaker icon in the upper-left corner. But, it just mutes and unmutes the speaker on the phone. My bluetooth hearingaids work fine with Whatsapp calling. But, I have a similar problem with Google Meet. But, with Google Meet, it shows a hearing aid icon in the Google Meet app, but when I select it, it still plays the audio to the phone's speaker.  There seems to be an issue between the bluetooth hearing aid standard and zoom.