cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t disable waiting room

Pamg
Listener

I have disabled the waiting room. However, on recently scheduled meetings, the waiting room is still activated. I have also disabled it in my personal room. I don’t know what else to do. It’s frustrating, especially since I have the Pro and not Premium plan, which would allow me phone support. I need help, please! 

6 REPLIES 6

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @Pamg! Welcome to the Zoom community, we're happy that you're here 😊

All zoom meetings need to be secured with one of the following security options: a passcode, Waiting Room, or Only authenticated users can join meetings. If no security option is enabled, Zoom automatically secures all meetings with Waiting Room. Please check out this article to see which option you'd like to enable: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059665892-Requiring-meetings-to-have-one-security-optio... 

If this helps, don't forget to click the Accept as Solution button below!

Thank you for your quick response. However, I use a passcode for every meeting. This waiting room issue has only come up in the past week or so with a Zoom update. Not sure how to rectify it, but it’s annoying. 

Buttercup
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Are you scheduling your meetings through the Zoom Web Portal or using the chrome extension?  If you're using an extension, you may need to change your settings there.

If my answer was helpful or solved your issue, please remember to like or mark the solution!

I am scheduling my meetings on zoom.us

Buttercup
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Please reach out to support for this.  If you have a passcode enabled, you should be able to schedule without waiting room.  

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-technical-support

If my answer was helpful or solved your issue, please remember to like or mark the solution!

Thank you!! I found the solution! The waiting room function was “checked” inside the meeting itself! I never thought to look

there. Duh?!? Thank you so much for trying to help me. Thank you!!