cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off or hide this Teams-like confusion

amarie
Listener

I don't know where else to post this question, apologies if there's a better forum. My account type is Zoom One Pro (5.17, Mac) for client meetings and group trainings only. Been using it for years. I don't recall when they added this rigamarole on the left, but I don't want to look at it. I'm the sole employee at my company, not an enterprise customer. Where do I go to hide it or turn it off? I just want to see the "old school" home screen, which is now shoved over to the right and missing the New Meeting buttons and such. 

zoom yuck.png

I've read (on reddit/r/zoom) that I should go to my admin portal and "turn off the ability to chat with other people." But that option does not appear anywhere in my settings. I have two sets of settings, one says "Personal" and the other "Admin".  In Admin > Team Chat Management, there's only one category, "Channels" and it says I've not created any Channels yet.  So aggravating! Please help. 

1 REPLY 1

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

All chat enablement settings will be found on the admin side (Admin->Account Management->Account Settings / zoom.us/account/setting under the Meetings tab). The wording for some of these settings is inconsistent with Zoom's own product language and ambiguous at best (Zoom really needs to work on this), but you'll be able to disable Team Chat from here.

Additional settings can be found in the Team Chat tab, also at zoom.us/account/setting.