cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Stop unmute prompt when spotlighted

Beth-Zoom
Listener

I recently went to a Sign Language workshop and we didnt connect to audio because we were all signing.  Or we were muted. When spotlighted it never asked us to unmute.  In all other meeting with deaf where I have been put on spotlight I always get a annoying pop up asking me to unmute. Which is great for hearing meetings but not for deaf.. How do I adjust settings to stop the unmute pop up window????

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Beth-Zoom,

I think the answer to your question is actually right there in your message!  You didn’t get the request to unmute when you were not connected to Audio. I haven’t tested it, but I believe Zoom wants to Unmute you when you are connected to audio, but apparently the Zoom app is smart enough to know that asking you to unmute when you’re not connected to audio is futile/silly.

Try that out – not connecting to audio – and see if that’s the solution. If that doesn't work, drop another note in this thread and I’ll run some tests on my account. 

I’m thinking that might not be a good solution when not everyone is signing – so maybe there’s still some research to do. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Beth-Zoom
Listener

Hi Ray, Thanks for the idea. Sadly that isnt it.. When I am not connected to audio it will then ask me to connect to audio.   When  I am connected to audio but muted it then asks me to unmute.  

Ray_Harwood

Thanks for the info, Beth.  I reached out to someone that knows WAY more about accessibility features than I do and she said she doesn't know of a way... but we're checking with someone else (from the Zoom Test Kitchen).  I'll come back when I know more.

A "feature request" might be in order:

Feature Request: https://www.zoom.us/feed 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !