cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do You Notify Speakers to Stop Speaking During A Webinar?

ToddMaru1
Listener

We commonly have webinars where each  speaker is allotted a certain amount of time to  speak.  Some speakers speak longer, but to keep them on time we need to have a way to signal them that they need to  quickly finish up  their speech,  Other than using Chat, does anyone have any ideas on how to quickly get the  attention of the  speaker to  have them sum up their comments?  

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey @ToddMaru1 – hate to say it, but most organizations I’ve worked with use the time-honored method of interrupting them and saying “excuse me, sir, you’ve got 2 minutes left”.

Another trick I’ve seen, assuming they are watching their own gallery view with only a few panelists, is to have a countdown clock running in one of the host’s windows (fed from OBS, vMix, etc.) with a color coded background – starting with green, turning to yellow at the 5 minute mark, and to read at the 1 or 2 minute mark.

At every event I have a moderator from the client organization who really is emcee of the show, and I train them briefly in time control – telling them it’s their job to keep things moving.

With larger, more technical events, an in-ear monitor is sometimes used – like Unity Intercom – and the Technical Director can whisper in, “3 minutes to go.”

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !